Post Of The Year 2011 Nominations

tiger_rick

One mafia thread (which I've never played and don't read) > a ton of threads about boring, stupid football.

Lies.

they're mainly talking about Snake's individual behaviour in the thread, rather than the idea of the threads themselves.

Truth.

To be honest, I'll have a look at the odd Mafia thread but not because of the game, for which I don't care about, but for the toy throwing. I thought it was meant to be a bit of fun, not pages about rules and shit like that.

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
One mafia thread (which I've never played and don't read) > a ton of threads about boring, stupid football.

Don't be such a woman.

What happened with Snake at the end of that thread? He seemed incredibly pissed off considering it was only a game.

• Moderators

I don't really frequent either, but your equation here is wrong..

The football threads are inclusive. Anyone can dip in and out whenever for whatever reason.

The mafia community on this board is pretty much established now, and once sign ups finish no one else is allowed to post in the threads.

They don't really have much place on the forum.

Also, and while the footy threads do produce their share of occasional breakdowns (that Arsenal fan and his endless "BEST TEAM EVER UNBEATEN INNIT M8?" diatribe springs to mind), I've never read anything as pathetic as the shit Snake was coming out with in the last couple of pages of the latest Dungeons and Dragons thread. And for context, METAL ON METAL and Psygnosis are regular posters in the Prem thread.

The football threads are inclusive. Anyone can dip in and out whenever for whatever reason.

The mafia community on this board is pretty much established now, and once sign ups finish no one else is allowed to post in the threads.

Cool story bro, but since you "don't really frequent either", I can't see why you felt you needed to have your opinion on it.

Everyone is welcome to join the mafia games if they ever have the notion, the odd new player comes along every couple of games while a few have left/taken their toys and gone home, so to say it's 'established' is daft.

It's an off-topic section of a wrestling forum, the claim that football discussion has more place here than a mafia game is just whiny elitest crap.

Plus we keep Ron Simmons busy most of the time for you. You're welcome for that by the way.

• Paid Members

In fairness, I think there have been new players pretty much every game. I'll be setting up mine shortly, and that will be open to anyone that wants in - the set-up will kind of automatically be no friendlier for established players than for new players. There's always space for people to mention their interest as replacements as well, which is usually a good way for someone who hasn't played before to join in.

Seriously, when they first started, I wasn't impressed either, but they're honestly quite immersive once you get involved.

Fun wee game? Nah, they're just a load of piss.

No offence, Repo, but don't presume to speak for other people. You don't enjoy them, but others do. They are a bit of fun to those who play, and it's not like they clog up the forum. People who don't play aren't even allowed to post, so if you don't like these threads and still read them, you've only yourself to blame.

I just thought he was making a great pun about having a slash.

• Paid Members

I might join if someone makes up a Mafia Game, where the objective is to find the member of the forum who has snuck off for a quick piss.

"I still think you're the one having a piss, and have nothing to hide, so I'm willing to follow your plan, knowing you've likely backed yourself into a corner you can't get out of. Vote: Mike Castle"

• Paid Members

Cool story bro

I'd be surprised if Chest, or anyone on the forum for that matter, continued to read your post after that lame reference.

Can tell you play the mafia games.

Archived