Post Of The Year 2011 Nominations

tiger_rick

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
I'd be surprised if Chest, or anyone on the forum for that matter, continued to read your post after that lame reference.

Can tell you play the mafia games.

You are perhaps the most worthless poster on this forum.

• Paid Members
I'd be surprised if Chest, or anyone on the forum for that matter, continued to read your post after that lame reference.

I'm crushed, really.

I'm crushed, really.

Be honest, you really are.

Your shit attempts to put people down clearly show how much you want people to like you.

• Moderators
One mafia thread (which I've never played and don't read) > a ton of threads about boring, stupid football.

I don't really frequent either, but your equation here is wrong..

The football threads are inclusive. Anyone can dip in and out whenever for whatever reason.

The mafia community on this board is pretty much established now, and once sign ups finish no one else is allowed to post in the threads.

They don't really have much place on the forum.

In fairness, I think there have been new players pretty much every game. I'll be setting up mine shortly, and that will be open to anyone that wants in - the set-up will kind of automatically be no friendlier for established players than for new players. There's always space for people to mention their interest as replacements as well, which is usually a good way for someone who hasn't played before to join in.

Seriously, when they first started, I wasn't impressed either, but they're honestly quite immersive once you get involved.

I figured the first point might be pretty shakey, but I think my second point still stands. You guys use other mini forums you set up for the games elsewhere, so it seems like you could just do the same for the actual game thread too.

I'm not calling for them to be banned or anything.. just saying.

• Paid Members

It's not actually a mini forum, it would still require a sign-up thread and such here to run it. Quick Topic allows you to create a single thread to post in, but you can't access it without the link. There's no central hub that you can access like a normal forum.

• Paid Members

I'm crushed, really.

Your shit attempts to put people down clearly show how much you want people to like you.

Interesting theory. Wrong, of course, but interesting none the less.

I'm crushed, really.

Interesting theory. Wrong, of course, but interesting none the less.

You sure showed me :rolleyes:

• Paid Members
One mafia thread (which I've never played and don't read) > a ton of threads about boring, stupid football.

I don't really frequent either, but your equation here is wrong..

The football threads are inclusive. Anyone can dip in and out whenever for whatever reason.

The mafia community on this board is pretty much established now, and once sign ups finish no one else is allowed to post in the threads.

They don't really have much place on the forum.

In fairness, I think there have been new players pretty much every game. I'll be setting up mine shortly, and that will be open to anyone that wants in - the set-up will kind of automatically be no friendlier for established players than for new players. There's always space for people to mention their interest as replacements as well, which is usually a good way for someone who hasn't played before to join in.

Seriously, when they first started, I wasn't impressed either, but they're honestly quite immersive once you get involved.

I figured the first point might be pretty shakey, but I think my second point still stands. You guys use other mini forums you set up for the games elsewhere, so it seems like you could just do the same for the actual game thread too.

I'm not calling for them to be banned or anything.. just saying.

By the same token, I believe football can be discussed here.

Just saying.

Another good one from air_raid

I think it will be hilarious if done properly, i.e. flit back and forth between each man discussing the same incident and their completely opposite versions of events, as they read in each man's book.

For instance, Bret mentions Shawn refusing to lose to him during their proposed program, cut to Shawn reminiscing about breaking down in tears telling Bret that he looks forward to returning the favour for him after taking the belt in the proposed first match of several. Both claim the Harris boys were prepared to lamp the other if a fight broke out, etc.

any chance we might see sunny on that dvd, you think?

Only if there is going to be a special "Who fucked Sunny?" chapter.

Shawn : "I never."

Bret : "I never."

Sunny : "(awkward silence)"

Easter Eggs to include Ahmed's version.

• Moderators

Just saying.

That's not even a remotely similar token! The mafia game would still only feature people off this forum. Ridiculous argument. For someone so immersed in these games of deductive reasoning and logic I would expect much better. Next.

It's not actually a mini forum, it would still require a sign-up thread and such here to run it. Quick Topic allows you to create a single thread to post in, but you can't access it without the link. There's no central hub that you can access like a normal forum.

:confused: Isn't that what I suggested? You have the sign up thread here, and then have the game thread on quick topic, along with the hidden forums as well. Everyone playing would have the relevant links they needed to play.

• Paid Members

Just saying.

That's not even a remotely similar token! The mafia game would still only feature people off this forum. Ridiculous argument. For someone so immersed in these games of deductive reasoning and logic I would expect much better. Next.

"People are talking about something that I don't care about. They can do this elsewhere. In fact, they should do this elsewhere."

Where's my logic falling down?

:confused: Isn't that what I suggested? You have the sign up thread here, and then have the game thread on quick topic, along with the hidden forums as well. Everyone playing would have the relevant links they needed to play.

We've generally started tying the sign-up threads into the game threads. Really, at this point, you're complaining about how many posts a thread gets. It creates a minor enough number of threads at any one time that, at this point, you're complaining about their existence at all.

• Paid Members

Who cares?

The Mafia threads are the lamest of the lame. They really are, but its not like they are clogging up the forum anymore - like the most certainly used to. They tend to stick to 1 game at a time now, dont they? Mike Castle did used to bombard the board with a crazy number of threads in the past, but now its generally just 2 threads. One for the current game, and one for sign ups for the next.

There are a load of threads on the off topic that I'm not bothered with; F1, Boxing, Metal Thread, Comics and Graphic Novels, and Vintage Bintage. I threat them all like Mafia threads, I ignore them. I have no interest in them, so I dont go in them. If other people want to discuss these topics/play these games, then let them.

ChrisB, saying we should all discuss football over at 365 is just nonsense though aswell. Sure if thats the case, we can all just discuss movies over at IMDB, Wimbeldon at TennisForum, music at MuzicForum and just everything else somewhere else too. Might as well just shut down the off topic board altogether. In fact, we should just get rid of the whole place and all just discuss wrestling on the official WWE forums, or TNA, ROH's boards etc.

In short, can we all shut the fuck up about it now?

Archived