patiirc

The UKFF Retro Gaming Thread

@jazzygeofferz what's unbalanced about the game? Genuinely curious as it's been so many years since I played it regularly, I remember it being harder than the previous one. I always go back to SOR2 when I'm jonesing for a side scrolling beat em up. 

3 minutes ago, hallicks said:

@jazzygeofferz what's unbalanced about the game? Genuinely curious as it's been so many years since I played it regularly, I remember it being harder than the previous one. I always go back to SOR2 when I'm jonesing for a side scrolling beat em up. 

Sega of America thought Bare Knuckle 3 was too easy,so they upped the difficulty. The"easy" mode on SOR3 is Bare Knuckle 3's "normal" difficulty etc, so when you're playing on Normal you're actually playing on "hard" etc.It shows as well, because it just feels too much.  When I'm playing SOR2 on Normal it's a challenge, but it still feels fair,while SOR3 feels like a slog. Plus they butchered the colours of the characters' costumes, rerecorded the voice samples for Axel & Blaze's blitz attacks,changed some of the in game mechanics as well I think.

Streets Of Rage 2 is one of the best games ever made. Arguably the best game on Megadrive with the possible exceptions of Aladdin and/or Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

1 minute ago, hallicks said:

Urgh, disaster! Didn't know about all that, thanks for info. 

You're best playing Bare Knuckle 3.If my desktop PC was working I'd stick my fan-translated ROM on my Dropbox for you. It's still a good game at the heart of it, you can tell the Megadrive is struggling with it,though. Playing on an emulator eliminates the slowdown as well.

Streets of Rage Remake has become my go-to for some SoR these days, I just love how customisable it is with elements from all three games a few new tricks too if you fancy them.

6 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Streets of Rage Remake has become my go-to for some SoR these days, I just love how customisable it is with elements from all three games a few new tricks too if you fancy them.

Do you remember Beats Of Rage on Dreamcast? It was a homebrew which used assets from the King Of Fighters games. That was supposed to be pretty good. I've seen the Streets Of Rage Remake. It looks cracking. There are so many great things like that out there. If anybody likes the old Command & Conquer games there's one called OpenRA which is like an HD update of them in open source. You can play the campaign missions, skirmishes or online, and it's all free. 

I’ve picked up a couple of the new RetroFlag Pi cases and they’re amazing. The Mega Drive one is especially nice but both are really well made and thought out.

Both available from Amazon or eBay for less money (£15ish)

A4A9048E-B593-4A25-863F-21C210E775C1.jpeg

6530B234-24F4-4BCF-9BCF-F9ACC4AB8390.jpeg

5ECFC948-E0F8-4CDC-B9A9-917458722399.jpeg

B7BB3373-09F8-4483-A9B0-F94A9639B761.jpeg

Any Greater Manchester/North West-based forumites seen this? There's a barcade called NQ64 opening next weekend in  the Northern Quarter. You pay a fiver and they give you 15 credits to use on any of the arcade/pinballmachines or consoles in there. There's booze and snap as well. Looks pretty interesting. I'm more than likely going to give it a month or two  for the hype to blow over then give it a look if anybody fancies an excursion there?

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink-news/nq64-arcade-games-bar-manchester-15821870?fbclid=IwAR1DFK4DpscZvGPlFiMz_SEPRmZo3a19VB_rlAveBg0a5TtW92aNDVfBTgA

I spotted Wrestlfest in their video, I’d definitely be there if I lived up north.

Yeah I saw that and am planning a visit to it, saying that I've been planning my visit to the one in Bury since that opened as well.

4 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Yeah I saw that and am planning a visit to it, saying that I've been planning my visit to the one in Bury since that opened as well.

If you can find a Sunday afternoon around the start of a month that you're free I'll happily pop up to Arcade Club with you for a few hours. That's when it tends to be quietest.

2 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

If you can find a Sunday afternoon around the start of a month that you're free I'll happily pop up to Arcade Club with you for a few hours. That's when it tends to be quietest.

I'm meant to be picking up @Devon Malcolm on the way, hope he still isn't waiting!