Keith Houchen Posted February 14, 2019 Posted February 14, 2019 2 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said: If you can find a Sunday afternoon around the start of a month that you're free I'll happily pop up to Arcade Club with you for a few hours. That's when it tends to be quietest. I'm meant to be picking up @Devon Malcolm on the way, hope he still isn't waiting! Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted February 14, 2019 Paid Members Posted February 14, 2019 Just now, Keith Houchen said: I'm meant to be picking up @Devon Malcolm on the way, hope he still isn't waiting! Hopefully not. Quote
Rey_Piste Posted February 14, 2019 Posted February 14, 2019 Here's a picture of Devon waiting for his lift. Quote
Paid Members BigJag Posted March 11, 2019 Paid Members Posted March 11, 2019 (edited) https://m.facebook.com/RetroComputerMuseum/posts/2327873927236531 There's a retro game feature on Inside Out West Midlands tonight. BBC 1 @ 20:30. Edited March 11, 2019 by BigJag Extra info. Quote
Paid Members Kaz Hayashi Posted March 12, 2019 Paid Members Posted March 12, 2019 I was sent an original WrestleFest JAMMA by Ashens last week and met up with Phil who runs NERG (North East Retro Gaming Event). The aim was to see if we could fit the motherboard in to an empty JAMMA cabinet. I plan to run a WrestleFest tournament at NERG in July, and the following short, 3 minute video documents the upcoming event and our efforts of getting WrestleFest up and running. I’d appreciate a watch if you have a moment. Ill be running a competition (shock horror) for some free tickets to The NERG event. I love this game so much and I’m overjoyed to have an original in my possession. Just need Superstars now ? Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted March 16, 2019 Paid Members Posted March 16, 2019 For those with a PC and access to GOG, I'd highly recommend Beneath a Steel Sky. It's a free to download Point n Click from 1994, but it's very very good. The writing in it is fantastic, had me in stitches for the most part. Some very clever puzzles and a decent story. Quote
Paid Members Arch Stanton Posted March 16, 2019 Paid Members Posted March 16, 2019 It's a classic point n' click adventure. Some great voice acting in it too. Quote
Paid Members Onyx2 Posted March 17, 2019 Paid Members Posted March 17, 2019 On 3/16/2019 at 10:28 AM, FelatioLips said: For those with a PC and access to GOG, I'd highly recommend Beneath a Steel Sky. It's a free to download Point n Click from 1994, but it's very very good. The writing in it is fantastic, had me in stitches for the most part. Some very clever puzzles and a decent story. I bought it the week it came out and didn't put the Amiga down until it was done. Replayed it about ten years ago, and pleased to see it wasn't nostalgia talking but was legitimately good. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted March 18, 2019 Paid Members Posted March 18, 2019 Speaking of GOG, I downloaded the original Diablo recently. My internet's down at home, so plowed a couple of hours into it and got six levels in. I'd forgotten most of it, but so much of it sends nostalgia flooding back. I'd completely forgotten that it pretty much all seems to take place in a "labyrinth" under the church, that's barely a casual stroll away from the town. A bit of a change of pace when I'd got used to globe-trotting RPGs. I'd definitely conflated a lot of this and Diablo 2 in my memory, too. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted March 18, 2019 Paid Members Posted March 18, 2019 Torchlight is good as well. It's a similar concept, but it's steampunk as opposed to the fantasy setting of Diablo. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted March 18, 2019 Paid Members Posted March 18, 2019 1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said: Torchlight is good as well. It's a similar concept, but it's steampunk as opposed to the fantasy setting of Diablo. Oooh, might have to check that out. I've been fancying some steampunk gaming lately - it looks a little too much along the "goggles and haircuts" side of steampunk rather than the blimps and Victoriana retro-futurism I'd prefer, but beggars can't be choosers. On that topic, Civilisation 2 had an expansion pack called "Fantastic Worlds", which featured a Jules Verne-themed scenario that I loved. Does anyone know of a full-fledged strategy game in that vein? Quote
Paid Members Onyx2 Posted March 18, 2019 Paid Members Posted March 18, 2019 See Beneath A Steel Sky up there. Also Valkyria Chronicles isn't so far away, though anime-scented. Quote
Rey_Piste Posted March 18, 2019 Posted March 18, 2019 3 hours ago, BomberPat said: A Jules Verne-themed scenario that I loved. Does anyone know of a full-fledged strategy game in that vein? They are Billions seems like what you are looking for. http://www.numantiangames.com/theyarebillions/ Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted March 19, 2019 Paid Members Posted March 19, 2019 16 hours ago, Rey_Piste said: They are Billions seems like what you are looking for. http://www.numantiangames.com/theyarebillions/ That does look bloody lovely, thanks. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.