The UKFF Retro Gaming Thread

patiirc

• Paid Members

10 more games have just been announced for the Megadrive. Couple of surprises. They appear to have a licence with Disney, and whoever own therights to Earthworm Jim. If Aladdin turns out to be on there I'll be quite tempted. 

http://genesismini.sega.com/?fbclid=IwAR0-eWHqlEWIg3P5JG-HiINQAqzr-ROexmpF2GPEXvrX_s3bAX0B2mhoXyE

• Paid Members

It's a good selection of games so far. I don't need one, but it's looking really inviting. 

Has anyone here played ZZT before? It was Epic's earliest game and is entirely ASCII-based. It had a very simple built-in scripting language that allowed you to do unique tricks with the game when making your own worlds in one of the many world editors available for it.

On 3/30/2019 at 9:30 PM, jazzygeofferz said:

Anybody intrigued by the Megadrive mini announcements today? September 19th release date, 40 games. Looks like it'll be about £80 with a couple of controllers although the Japanese version has 6 button pads and the American version has 3 button pads. Information about the European versions seems a little sparse at the moment although if Sega's regional release schedules on the actual Megadrive are anything to go by a September 19th release date for the USA and Japan means about April 3rd 2023 for us

Confirmed by SEGA that we get it here Sep 19th as well now :)

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Bicurious Dad said:

Confirmed by SEGA that we get it here Sep 19th as well now :)

That's good. Just in time for a little Christmas discount.

• Paid Members

If it all plays well, and I've no reason to believe it wouldn't if M2 are behind it, then that's an entirely reasonable price. I just hope we get 6 button pads and a fighting game that isn't Eternal Champions.

1 hour ago, scratchdj said:

I don’t get why

A) One region would get a 6 button controller and another only a 3 button controller.

B) Sega would bother spending time and money designing and manufacturing two different units when one is inferior to the other.

Doesn't make much sense to me.

The question is why bother with a 6 button pad at all, since apart from Comix Zone none of the currently announced games actually work with a 6 button pad. I can only assume that the JAP release will get a couple of compatible games among those still to be announced.

• Paid Members

I wonder whether Legend Of Oasis/Story Of Thor will turn up on there. Also, they'd be able to sell 6 buttons pads for a little extra money, assuming I wouldn't be able to hook my own Megadrive pads up to it. I'd possibly be able to use my little Megadrive/SNES fightstick then as well.

ed98f622b305f19daada8a3261d54552.jpg