Jump to content

The UKFF Retro Gaming Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

Getting married next month and the other half agreed to hire some retro arcades for the day! We got Sunset Riders, The Simpsons, Dungeons and Dragons 2 and Streetfighter Vs Marvel.

 

Proper chuffed.

  • Paid Members
Posted
20 minutes ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

Getting married next month and the other half agreed to hire some retro arcades for the day! We got Sunset Riders, The Simpsons, Dungeons and Dragons 2 and Streetfighter Vs Marvel.

 

Proper chuffed.

I'm getting married in November and we've hired the same thing! We've hired two cabinets but might stretch to four, and right now our short list is; Mario Kart '64, Goldeneye, Halo 3 and Super Monkey Ball.

  • Paid Members
Posted

That second Dungeons & Dragons game is crazy with the levelling and inventories etc. Marries the RPG & beat 'em up together very well. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

After a conversation over the weekend, I'm shopping around for a Dendy Jr. 

It's the Soviet Russian knock-off of the NES, with some bonkers games, including a Sonic/Mario sprite swap mess. There's a bunch on eBay which seem to be modern recreations with built-in games, which I might resort to, but was hoping for an original. For the price, I'm not sure how much I trust dodgy Russian eBay sellers, though.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Sega have announced all 42 games for the Megadrive Mini. The annoying thing is the lack of 6 button pads packed in. They'll be about £15-20 each I reckon. It's a decent list though. 

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/06/mega_drive_mini_games_list_all_42_titles_revealed

  • Paid Members
Posted

Fucking brilliant list in fairness.

Kid Chameleon - whilst I’m still playing it now, I’m envious of all of the people who will be playing it for the first time.

  • Paid Members
Posted

It's a massively underrated game.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Blows my mind thar we're getting Sega news from Nintendo Life :crazy: Would never have got this from Nintendo Magazine System.

Most of the bases and eras covered in that list, shame to waste megabytes on the usual Sega suspects but if there isn't a six button variant a couple of those are going to be massively crippled. 

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Onyx2 said:

Blows my mind thar we're getting Sega news from Nintendo Life :crazy: Would never have got this from Nintendo Magazine System.

Most of the bases and eras covered in that list, shame to waste megabytes on the usual Sega suspects but if there isn't a six button variant a couple of those are going to be massively crippled. 

The 6-button is a pack-in in Japan, but outside of Japan they're going to sell them separately. I think they're the ones that Retrobit do, so should be compatible with PC as well. 

Apparently you'll also be able to buy a little Mega CD and 32X to attach to the Megadrive mini for the full aesthetic. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz
  • Paid Members
Posted
12 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Apparently you'll also be able to buy a little Mega CD and 32X to attach to the Megadrive mini for the full aesthetic. 

Ohhh, imagine if the Mega-cd was playable, and they released a selection of games on one of those mini GameCube sized disks.

I need to have bath now.

  • Paid Members
Posted
13 minutes ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

Ohhh, imagine if the Mega-cd was playable, and they released a selection of games on one of those mini GameCube sized disks.

I need to have bath now.

https://www.polygon.com/2019/6/4/18652108/sega-genesis-mini-mega-drive-tower-price

Posted

I never got round to buying the SNES Mini and now I can't find it anywhere for under £100.  Have they stopped making it?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...