The UKFF Retro Gaming Thread

patiirc

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

Right, I’m absolutely chuffed to bollocks with this. Just confirmed we’re bringing 2 player Sega Rally up to NERG games convention next month. Get in.

55A73B49-9413-4352-B682-0FC418CDC35B.jpeg

Noice. 

• Awards Moderator

I was watching Dark on Netflix. A retro game appeared. 

I'm going to spoiler it as it hints at a minor plot detail that is revealed fairly early on. 

So they're back in 1986. A kid is playing Commando on his C64. And it's actually being played! You can hear the audio from the game / sound effects low in the mix under the dialogue. 

Now you're reacting exactly like Mrs Onyx did. But I fucking love that music, I must play it once a month. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Onyx2 said:

I was watching Dark on Netflix. A retro game appeared. 

I'm going to spoiler it as it hints at a minor plot detail that is revealed fairly early on. 

Reveal hidden contents

So they're back in 1986. A kid is playing Commando on his C64. And it's actually being played! You can hear the audio from the game / sound effects low in the mix under the dialogue. 

Now you're reacting exactly like Mrs Onyx did. But I fucking love that music, I must play it once a month. 

It was Rob Hubbard, wasn't it? You got some amazing music out of the SID chip. I had one of the Ocean Loaders by Jonathan Dunn as a ringtone on one of my old phones. 

Speaking of retro gaming music my Discover Weekly playlist on Spotify this week features Hard Times by the Jetzons which was adapted into the music for Ice Cap Zone in Sonic 3.

• Awards Moderator
5 hours ago, Loki said:

When I lecture about videogames, I talk about Rob Hubbard - IK+ is a big game for sound and music.

If you're ever doing one of these in London I will happily pay money to come and hear this.

You missed one last month!  I talked to the Institute of Professional Sound at the Museum of Cinema in South London which was open to the public.  Next time I do one I'll ping you here.