patiirc

The UKFF Retro Gaming Thread

Thanks for the recommendations, I’ll check some of these out for sure. I’ve never played Chuck Rock, but I used to love the sequel on the Amiga so that’s definitely one I’ll seek out. 

If you're into football games the  European Club Soccer and Kick Off 3 would be my picks. For manager sims, Premier Manager '97 is great too.

I'd check CEX for some games too, they can often be cheaper than eBay for the more common carts.

You definitely want Streets Of Rage 2 if you haven’t already picked it up, Dynamite Headdy is a great platformer and Tiny Toon Adventures: Busters Hidden Treasure is another fun platformer

Racking my brain trying to think what I used to have on my Nega Drive now.

Twin Hawk is a very underrated Vertical scrolling Shooter. As has been mentioned, Streets of Rage 2 is possibly the best game in its genre, so that’s a must have

Edited by WyattSheepMask

What's that pinball game with the aliens and shit? I rented that a couple of times and it was ace, it had quite a dark aesthetic.

6 hours ago, Merzbow said:

I'd check CEX for some games too, they can often be cheaper than eBay for the more common carts.

I do miss the days when pawn shops didn’t quite realise the value of retro. I got Conker’s Bad Fur Day for a whopping £2 in Cash Converters 6 or 7 years ago. 

18 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I do miss the days when pawn shops didn’t quite realise the value of retro. I got Conker’s Bad Fur Day for a whopping £2 in Cash Converters 6 or 7 years ago. 

Same. My best mate picked up Panzer Dragoon Saga on the Saturn for a fiver, despite it selling for hundreds on eBay.

5 hours ago, Merzbow said:

What's that pinball game with the aliens and shit? I rented that a couple of times and it was ace, it had quite a dark aesthetic.

Devil Crash?

8 minutes ago, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

Devil Crash?

I'm sure there was an "Aliens Crush" sequel to this.

Alien Crush was its prequel and there was an Alien Crush Returns later in the series. Really good games.

Try and hunt down a copy of Sonic 3 AND a copy of Sonic & Knuckles, because the two games actually combine into a brilliant game hopefully the save battery still works as well so you can retain your progress. If you have Sonic & Knuckles you can also enjoy Knuckles in Sonic 2, which is a lot of fun. 

On 5/4/2019 at 6:13 AM, jazzygeofferz said:

Try and hunt down a copy of Sonic 3 AND a copy of Sonic & Knuckles, because the two games actually combine into a brilliant game hopefully the save battery still works as well so you can retain your progress. If you have Sonic & Knuckles you can also enjoy Knuckles in Sonic 2, which is a lot of fun. 

I got lucky, my Sonic 3 has a working save battery. I actually prefer Sonic 2 with Knuckles as the main character, am I alone in this?

I’m really enjoying Mercs. It’s definitely aged, but its still a lot of fun. 

Mega Bomberman is also brilliant. I’d love a remaster, with the option to play online.