Paid Members Kaz Hayashi Posted June 25, 2019 Paid Members Posted June 25, 2019 Right, I’m absolutely chuffed to bollocks with this. Just confirmed we’re bringing 2 player Sega Rally up to NERG games convention next month. Get in. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted June 25, 2019 Paid Members Posted June 25, 2019 21 minutes ago, Kaz Hayashi said: Right, I’m absolutely chuffed to bollocks with this. Just confirmed we’re bringing 2 player Sega Rally up to NERG games convention next month. Get in. Noice. Quote
TildeGuy~! Posted June 25, 2019 Posted June 25, 2019 (edited) Anyone got an Arcade1up? Im planning on buying one with a riser included in the future as soon as an arcade game I’m interested in is being released, Kinda hoping for a third strike one really Edited June 25, 2019 by TildeGuy~! Quote
Merzbow Posted June 25, 2019 Posted June 25, 2019 The Raspberry Pi 4 is now out and it's a beast compared to the 3, especially the 4GB version. I'mma give it a while for people to get all the emulators ready and hoping there's a chance for some decent Dreamcast emulation. Quote
Paid Members Onyx2 Posted July 2, 2019 Paid Members Posted July 2, 2019 I was watching Dark on Netflix. A retro game appeared. I'm going to spoiler it as it hints at a minor plot detail that is revealed fairly early on. So they're back in 1986. A kid is playing Commando on his C64. And it's actually being played! You can hear the audio from the game / sound effects low in the mix under the dialogue. Now you're reacting exactly like Mrs Onyx did. But I fucking love that music, I must play it once a month. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted July 2, 2019 Paid Members Posted July 2, 2019 1 hour ago, Onyx2 said: I was watching Dark on Netflix. A retro game appeared. I'm going to spoiler it as it hints at a minor plot detail that is revealed fairly early on. Reveal hidden contents So they're back in 1986. A kid is playing Commando on his C64. And it's actually being played! You can hear the audio from the game / sound effects low in the mix under the dialogue. Now you're reacting exactly like Mrs Onyx did. But I fucking love that music, I must play it once a month. It was Rob Hubbard, wasn't it? You got some amazing music out of the SID chip. I had one of the Ocean Loaders by Jonathan Dunn as a ringtone on one of my old phones. Speaking of retro gaming music my Discover Weekly playlist on Spotify this week features Hard Times by the Jetzons which was adapted into the music for Ice Cap Zone in Sonic 3. Quote
Paid Members Onyx2 Posted July 2, 2019 Paid Members Posted July 2, 2019 1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said: Rob Hubbard ? Listen to this interview sometime. Such an important figure in my childhood. They interviewed Jereon Tel too. https://theretrohour.com/c64-music-legend-rob-hubbard-the-retro-hour-ep74/ Quote
Loki Posted July 3, 2019 Posted July 3, 2019 When I lecture about videogames, I talk about Rob Hubbard - IK+ is a big game for sound and music. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted July 3, 2019 Paid Members Posted July 3, 2019 The soundtracks to the Monty games are absolutely immense. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted July 3, 2019 Paid Members Posted July 3, 2019 Can't remember if I mentioned it in here already, but Retro Gamer did a CD of covers/remixes of Hubbard tracks recently, and it was superb. Quote
Paid Members Onyx2 Posted July 3, 2019 Paid Members Posted July 3, 2019 5 hours ago, Loki said: When I lecture about videogames, I talk about Rob Hubbard - IK+ is a big game for sound and music. If you're ever doing one of these in London I will happily pay money to come and hear this. Quote
Loki Posted July 3, 2019 Posted July 3, 2019 You missed one last month! I talked to the Institute of Professional Sound at the Museum of Cinema in South London which was open to the public. Next time I do one I'll ping you here. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted July 3, 2019 Paid Members Posted July 3, 2019 I wouldn't mind a heads up as well Lokes. I promise not to heckle. Quote
Paid Members Onyx2 Posted July 3, 2019 Paid Members Posted July 3, 2019 The only heckle I'll do is a Freebird-esque "PLAY COMMANDO." Quote
Paid Members Kaz Hayashi Posted July 3, 2019 Paid Members Posted July 3, 2019 6 hours ago, Loki said: When I lecture about videogames, I talk about Rob Hubbard - IK+ is a big game for sound and music. How North do you get with these? Anywhere near Newcastle at all? Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.