Jump to content

The UKFF Retro Gaming Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
54 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

I should've clarified it was one of those where the home version deviated quite a lot from the arcade, and the Mega Drive was the only one released. 

Yeah, I wasn't sure if that was the case or not. Always fascinated me when that happened. I should seek that out actually.

Posted

Golden Axe: The Revenge of Death Adder is such an amazing beat 'em up, it was never going to be able to run on a Mega Drive but did Sega really have to give us the piss poor 3 (that we didn't even get here) instead?

  • Paid Members
Posted

Revenge Of Death=Adder was arcade only I think, although there may be a Japanese Saturn version. Golden Axe 3 on Megadrive is a bit of a stinker. Golden Axe 2 is a refined version of the first. 

I think I need to check Growl out. It sounds like it'd be up my alley. 

I played Alien Storm to death when I first got my Megadrive. It sits between Golden Axe and Streets Of Rage in terms of gameplay. Its got a heck of a challenge. One day I'll finish it. 

Aladdin on Megadrive is a brilliant game. We used to rent it from our local shop almost every weekend as it was so much fun. The Lion King is similar, but not quite as good. Still worth a look though. 

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I probably played Sonic Spinball more than any other game on the Mega Drive and I have no idea why because I fucking hated it. I just wanted to beat it with all rings collected.

Castle of Illusion, Revenge of Shinobi and NHL 94 were probably my favourites. I rented the latter out from Blockbuster about 109 times in a row instead of buying it, like a tit. Ice hockey is shit but that was a great game.

Edited by Devon Malcolm
Posted

Let's hope they follow up with Sega Rally somewhere down the line.

I've also just found out that Sega Rally 2 and the 2007 reboot are both on PC, gonna be trying those this weekend.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Merzbow said:

That'd be great, throw in Outrun 2 or even Coast 2 Coast.

Outrun Coast 2 Coast 2006 is brilliant. It has cross play between PS2 and PSP. Yes, you need a USB to do so, but it's brilliant. Same with Smackdown Vs Raw 2006.

Daytona Championship edition is fantastic. I've got the original Daytona on my Saturn, and it plays well. I like unlocking the horse. 

Manx TT is an overlooked gem. They got a Manx TT machine in to replace the knackered old Super Hang-On in our local arcade when I was failing my A-levels because I was either pissing about on the Internet in the library or in the arcade playing Waku Waku 7 and Darkstalkers. 

I presume a port of Sega Rally would be dependent on whether they could get the rights to use the cars. I guess they could always go for generic lookalikes. Sega Rally 2 with the Impreza was good. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz
  • Paid Members
Posted

What monitor/TV do people use for their retro gaming? I've got a wall mounted LCD screen and a ginormous 36inch CRT Toshiba TV. The Toshiba is going to have to go. It just takes up too much room. I can't bring myself to just drop it off at the tip. I'd like it to go to a good home. Maybe a retro gamer would want it?

  • Paid Members
Posted

Street Fighter 3 Third Strike turns 20 years old tomorrow. Anybody fancy a few games on PSN or XBox Live? I've got it on my PS4,XBox One and 360. Heck I've got it on the Dreamcast at my Mum's.

Posted
16 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Street Fighter 3 Third Strike turns 20 years old tomorrow. Anybody fancy a few games on PSN or XBox Live? I've got it on my PS4,XBox One and 360. Heck I've got it on the Dreamcast at my Mum's.

Whenever someone brings up that game, all I can think of is this.

 

  • Paid Members
Posted

That whole match is really good. Apparently Daigo would regularly practice parrying that super art, and had already done so against somebody else off stream in the pools stage of the tournament.

I watched this video yesterday. Most interesting.Also, if you do enjoy watching competitive fighting games I'd recommend watching the Infiltration Vs PR Balrog match this guy talks about as it's a really good match.

 

Posted

10 more games announced for the Mega Drive Mini

Mega Man: The Wily Wars

Sonic Spinball

Street Fighter II: Special Champion Edition

Phantasy Star IV

Beyond Oasis

Ghouls and Ghosts

Alex Kidd In The Enchanted Castle

Golden Axe

Vectorman

Wonder Boy In Monster World

 

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

We have to get 6 button pads now if Street Fighter 2 and Beyond Oasis/Story Of Thor are on it. 

Edit: If they're putting The Wily Wars on there thats the first three Megaman games. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...