Jump to content

The UKFF Retro Gaming Thread


Recommended Posts

Posted

Does anyone have any experience of the Retro-Bit clone machines? Looking at maybe picking one up from eBay, but all I can see from reviews is people moaning about a lack 4:3 ratio and some saying the Super Nintendo picture is grained even in HD, but can’t find any screenshots to back that up so is it could just people being nitpicky 

  • Paid Members
Posted
On 6/5/2019 at 10:42 PM, Loki said:

I never got round to buying the SNES Mini and now I can't find it anywhere for under £100.  Have they stopped making it?

Keep seeing them boxed in CEX for around £70, if that's useful.

Posted

Yes.  I think there's one of those in town, I will try and hunt it down.  Cheers Chris.

I reckon I'll probably play a retro SNES more than my Xbox this year.  I've really fallen out of love with modern games, there's so little innovation in the industry in AAA games any more.  You can skip a few years and not miss much.  

  • Paid Members
Posted

I know they are terribly built and the size means there's no way you could comfortably have 4 players around it but this is the first time I've wanted an Arcade1up machine. 

IMG_0623.JPG

  • Paid Members
Posted
3 hours ago, chokeout said:

I know they are terribly built and the size means there's no way you could comfortably have 4 players around it but this is the first time I've wanted an Arcade1up machine. 

IMG_0623.JPG

I'd love a 6-player one so I could get 5 mates around to play Konami's X-Men beat 'em up. I'd need 5 mates, but it'd still be nice. A Cabinet with a pc in and an Internet connection for some Fightcade would be pretty cool. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
2 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I'd love a 6-player one so I could get 5 mates around to play Konami's X-Men beat 'em up. I'd need 5 mates, but it'd still be nice. A Cabinet with a pc in and an Internet connection for some Fightcade would be pretty cool. 

Apparently they are releasing the Xmen one as well but i assume it'll be 4 player as well. They have just announced a marvel unit as well with Marvel Super Heroes, Children Of The Atom and the old Punisher beat em up (bit of a random mix) I'm surprised they didn't have them with the Xmen beat em up

  • Paid Members
Posted
Just now, chokeout said:

Apparently they are releasing the Xmen one as well but i assume it'll be 4 player as well. They have just announced a marvel unit as well with Marvel Super Heroes, Children Of The Atom and the old Punisher beat em up (bit of a random mix) I'm surprised they didn't have them with the Xmen beat em up

That Konami X-Men machine was a heck of a contraption. The two monitors, one was inside the machine and reflected on a mirror next to the other screen so the machine could take the weight of it. Heck of a visual spectacle. I love the John Byrne artwork in the game as well. 

Posted
3 hours ago, chokeout said:

Apparently they are releasing the Xmen one as well but i assume it'll be 4 player as well. They have just announced a marvel unit as well with Marvel Super Heroes, Children Of The Atom and the old Punisher beat em up (bit of a random mix) I'm surprised they didn't have them with the Xmen beat em up

It's Marvel Super Heroes which is the other release, so just 2 player (X-Men COTA and Punisher are included on that one as well).

The turtles one is beautiful, and the fact it has both the 1989 original as well as Turtles in Time makes it even better.

  • Paid Members
Posted
4 minutes ago, Bicurious Dad said:

It's Marvel Super Heroes which is the other release, so just 2 player (X-Men COTA and Punisher are included on that one as well).

The turtles one is beautiful, and the fact it has both the 1989 original as well as Turtles in Time makes it even better.

Sorry that at what I meant. The 3 games I mentioned are on one machine ( I actually cropped it out of the image I posted) but there's rumours that with them being able to licence the marvel games that they will be releasing a 4 player version of the Xmen game. No idea what additional games they would be able to put with it though. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
2 hours ago, BigJag said:

https://www.theverge.com/2019/6/11/18662198/turbografx-16-mini-console-announced-konami

Looks as if we will be getting a Turbi Graf X mini console.  I've very little experience with the PC Engine and it's big brother. Didn't tbe games come on thin cards?

Konami caught me off guard as I thought NEC have the hardware rights. NEC are a bloody good manufacturer too. 

So yeah, the PC engine version, this should be interesting.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I wonder of these popped up in Liverpool back in the 80s? NEC sponsored Everton then. Are they releasing three different versions of the same machine? There's  a white one and a grey/blue one to go with the one that's being pushed in the video.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, BigJag said:

I wonder of these popped up in Liverpool back in the 80s? NEC sponsored Everton then. Are they releasing three different versions of the same machine? There's  a white one and a grey/blue one to go with the one that's being pushed in the video.

It'll be different cases and game line-ups based on whether it's the Japanese,American or PAL territories version I guess. I need it in my life, though, I've wanted a PC Engine and Neo Geo for ages. The Neo Geo gold and Mini were disasters, though.

Edited by jazzygeofferz
Posted

Looks like Castlevania: Rondo of Blood is on the PC Engine but not yet on the Turbo. I would quite like an official way to play this. This also means it will have PC Engine as well as PC Engine CD games which is pretty cool.

Anyone tried the Mana games out on switch e-shop yet? Thoughts etc?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...