Jump to content

The UKFF Retro Gaming Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

I have the Raspberry Pi 3 and it’s spot on. It came pre-loaded but I went out of my way to learn very basic Python Coding and changed  some of the visuals and settings. Got wireless Ps3 pads working on it too. Drag and drop games on and off, real easy.

They just released 4 which by the sounds of it finally has near-perfect emulation of N64, Saturn and Dreamcast which the 3 can’t handle.

 

  • Paid Members
Posted

My mate's over from Colombia for a few weeks. We're having a geeky day today and I spotted Bubble Bobble is on PS4. I'm pretty sure I've got it on a Taito compilation somewhere for PS2, but this'll be more immediate fun when we've had enough of Street Fighter and SoulCalibur. 

Posted
On 8/18/2019 at 8:58 AM, FelatioLips said:

I have the Raspberry Pi 3 and it’s spot on. It came pre-loaded but I went out of my way to learn very basic Python Coding and changed  some of the visuals and settings. Got wireless Ps3 pads working on it too. Drag and drop games on and off, real easy.

They just released 4 which by the sounds of it finally has near-perfect emulation of N64, Saturn and Dreamcast which the 3 can’t handle.

 

Thinking of doing a bit of python coding myself . Just to learn . How did you find it ? What resources did you use ?

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Brilliant stuff. I saw a Pi Zero with one of those cases floating around on eBay but had my doubts so that's great to hear. I probably have three or four gadgets that could be turned into a 16-bit emulation station but I just really like the look of that case.

Edited by Accident Prone
Posted

Oh that is gorgeous. Would you recommend it as a good starting point for a Pi TV console? I've been doing some reading and there's so many different options, I'm not really sure where to start!

  • Paid Members
Posted

I hear really good things about those 8-Bit Do controllers. When I finally get a PC sorted out I'll possibly pick one up. Or are they compatible with PS4/XBox One? 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Might be worth a look. Could help with my street fighter, and I prefer playing retro best em ups on a pad like that as well. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, scratchdj said:

The SNES-style controllers they do are really good.

I'm a Megadrive 6-button/Saturn pad guy myself. You can piano the buttons better. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
15 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I'm a Megadrive 6-button/Saturn pad guy myself. You can piano the buttons better. 

You're a Blanka main then. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
3 hours ago, Onyx2 said:

You're a Blanka main then. 

I usually play as Dan wherever possible,,but being able to piano buttons can make combos easier to dial in.whoeveryou play as. I've been playing as Balrog (boxer) quite a bit recently.

Posted

Good starting line-up too, looking forward to seeing what gets added in the coming months. I've got the 8bitdo pro SNES pad so that'll be getting some use tonight

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...