Jump to content

The UKFF Retro Gaming Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

I had Super Wrestlemania on the SNES, and loved it at the time(as the only other wresting game I had played was one on the Master System, that wasn't a WWF game). I was jealous as fuck though when my mates man brought him the Royal Rumble game, and it had the finishing moves and shit...

Posted

I just remembered someone on my street had a copy of some Cutie Suzuki Joshi game on the Megadrive, they had to cut bits of the plastic away so it would fit in the console and it was shit.

Posted

Nice, I'll have to pop up there.

Has anyone been to the museum in Cambridge? It looks amazing and they often have special nights on where a few Youtubers often turn up if you're into that kinda thing.

Posted

You could do an elbow drop from the top rope in Super Wrestlemania for the SNES, so I just used to do that with Randy Savage as a sort of make shift finisher. Apart from the 16-Bit version of Sid’s theme, the rest of it was shite.

As Metz mentioned, LJN were notorious for shit games though. Just watch any episode of Angey Video Game nerd, and chances are there will be a rant about LJN 

Posted
On 12/11/2018 at 11:59 AM, WyattSheepMask said:

You could do an elbow drop from the top rope in Super Wrestlemania for the SNES, so I just used to do that with Randy Savage as a sort of make shift finisher. Apart from the 16-Bit version of Sid’s theme, the rest of it was shite.

You could do that elbow drop with Earthquake as well if I recall correctly, which was rather disturbing but strangely fun.

  • Paid Members
Posted

My sister in law is getting me one of those TV plug and play things that does Pacman for Christmas. Needs some AA batteries, but sounds like it'll be fun. I'll probably keep it at my Mum's hooked up to her big telly in the living room for when I don't fancy Dreamcast or Saturn. Heck I'm tempted to take my 360 over to make room for my PS4 at home. Although there is talk of us getting a bigger TV stand. First World problems eh? 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Check out @iretrogame’s Tweet:

This game looks like a lot of fun. Has anyone had any experience of it. Its very reminiscent of games like Outrun, and Chase HQ.

Posted

Sure I read an interview with Lynch and they mentioned the PS advert.  They asked why it was in black and white and he said it wasn't and how they must have changed it to black and white afterwards.

Posted (edited)

Someone at Sony obviously had a hard-on for Eraserhead, but just imagine having the gall to edit a Lynch piece without his consent?

I found his original version.
Oh wow, I only just twigged about "the arm" near the end. I'm pretty sure 99% of what Lynch does is part of a connected universe or three.

 

Edited by Merzbow

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...