Merzbow Posted December 3, 2018 Posted December 3, 2018 That good lad LRG has put together a video to build your own PS Mini with a Pi3 Quote
Paid Members Onyx2 Posted December 6, 2018 Paid Members Posted December 6, 2018 One for @Kaz Hayashi Quote
Paid Members Kaz Hayashi Posted December 6, 2018 Paid Members Posted December 6, 2018 That’s beautiful @Onyx2 It’s s cracking arcade game. A lot of love tends to go to Wrestlefest, but this is arguable on par in my opinion. I bloody love wrestling and game cross over posters. Really hard to come by originals these days. This being one of my favourites. Can’t remember if it’s been shared on here before or not? Quote
Paid Members Onyx2 Posted December 6, 2018 Paid Members Posted December 6, 2018 This was always one of my faves. Trippy. Lot of love for SuperStars. Poured fortunes into it at Parkins Palace, Canvey Island. I wrote this FAQ on it nearly twenty years ago. Quote
Paid Members BigJag Posted December 6, 2018 Paid Members Posted December 6, 2018 (edited) 1 hour ago, Onyx2 said: One for @Kaz Hayashi What a wonderful game. Thanks for posting. I'm off to Ebay to see if I can get myself an early Christmas present. Eventhough I have it on my MAME Xbox. Does anyone remember the version that Ocean released? It had Bulldog in it. I eagerly bought it for the Amiga. From WH Smith. Sadly it was very buggy and went back to the shop. I exchanged it for SWOS. ' It was this one @Bicurious Dad https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWF_WrestleMania_(1991_video_game Edited December 6, 2018 by BigJag Quote
Retro Red Posted December 6, 2018 Posted December 6, 2018 WWF wrestlemania and European Rampage were the two Amiga games and both were awful. Rampage was broken as all hell so I suspect that was the one you had. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted December 7, 2018 Paid Members Posted December 7, 2018 (edited) It was nigh-impossible to win the lock ups in the first home WWF game, with that joystick waggling. I hear European Rampage only really had punches and kicks. The Megadrive/SNES ones were a little better, but still pretty awful. I don't think I put as much time into a WWF/E game as I did Smackdown Vs Raw 2006. It's still my go to. The Superstars arcade game is an odd one, as you'd pick your first guy and then the CPU would randomly pick your partner if I recall correctly. Or it was predetermined based on who you picked. I would end up picking DiBiase and Perfect in Wrestlefest. Edited December 7, 2018 by jazzygeofferz Quote
David Posted December 7, 2018 Posted December 7, 2018 11 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said: That’s beautiful @Onyx2 It’s s cracking arcade game. A lot of love tends to go to Wrestlefest, but this is arguable on par in my opinion. I bloody love wrestling and game cross over posters. Really hard to come by originals these days. This being one of my favourites. Can’t remember if it’s been shared on here before or not? Ha! I just seen that for the first time the other day when flicking through an old copy of Retro Gamer which detailed the top 20 consoles! I remember the game well, but had never seen that poster before. Quote
Merzbow Posted December 7, 2018 Posted December 7, 2018 Wrestlefest ruined all WWF console games for me until Wrestlemania The Arcade came out on PS1, I can't remember enjoying any of them too much. Wrestle War on the Megadrive was pretty decent even if it was basic as hell, at least it looked good with chunky sprites and detailed characters. Quote
David Posted December 7, 2018 Posted December 7, 2018 Super Wrestlemania on the SNES was the absolute pinnacle of shit games. It's as though the developers just couldn't be fucked putting in finishing moves or making any of the wrestlers any different from each other. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted December 7, 2018 Paid Members Posted December 7, 2018 I was about to correct you, but fucking hell the SNES version didn't! The Genesis version did! It was still pretty shit though. I loved Royal Rumble on the MD. Quote
Merzbow Posted December 7, 2018 Posted December 7, 2018 They were all by LJN, innit. 90% of their games were absolute garbage and it's why WWF didn't have a good game until Midway/Acclaim got their digitised hands on the license. Quote
Paid Members Kaz Hayashi Posted December 7, 2018 Paid Members Posted December 7, 2018 Super WrestleMania was my first console wrestling game and ya the shittest. If nothing else, for the IRS theme: Quote
pitseleh Posted December 7, 2018 Posted December 7, 2018 I have a soft spot for those LJN WWF games as I played them a lot as a kid, but they do not hold up now. Practically unplayable now. I've just ordered a Pi console which already has the games installed. After a year of modding my SNES mini, I think it's the next logical step. Can't wait to play those NeoGeo and PlayStation games. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted December 7, 2018 Paid Members Posted December 7, 2018 3 Count Bout is the Neo Geo wrestling offering. Saturday Night Slammasters and Slammasters 2 were good. Haggar was in them, some more amusing characters. Apparently Gunloc is Guile from Street Fighter's brother. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.