CAREBEAR LUVVA Posted August 21, 2018 Posted August 21, 2018 My TVs have both only got HDMI and scart, unfortunately. I went to collect this modded Xbox this morning, and when I got home and hooked it up to the TV I was surprised to find out that it actually looks pretty good through the regular Xbox cable (the yellow and white and red one, whichever it is - I keep confusing which one's component and which one's composite). It isn't washed out or blurry or anything, and definitely good enough to make the need for some sort of HD cable much less urgent. The console itself is pretty incredible. You can transfer downloaded games straight onto the hard drive without the need for burning any discs, and even "make backups" of original Xbox discs. 22000 games pre-installed, controllers pre-configured, all the emulators ready to go... I've no idea where to start with it, really. Absolutely insane that it only cost 55 quid. I'd have happily paid at least double! Quote
Paid Members hallicks Posted August 21, 2018 Paid Members Posted August 21, 2018 (edited) Yellow white and red - composite video, audio L & R. Red green blue - component video (just for future reference) Edited August 21, 2018 by hallicks Quote
Paid Members hallicks Posted September 2, 2018 Paid Members Posted September 2, 2018 On a slightly related note, I have one of the modern mega drives that have only composite video out and a single white phono audio out. It's a "hantat" retro Sega genesis (a gift from when I was in USA). The sound is really weird and shit. I've googled it a bit and apparently it's a bit of a known issue and down to dodgy audio emulation. Had anyone had a similar model, and tried a DIY fix to make the audio better? Quote
Guest Posted September 2, 2018 Posted September 2, 2018 When the NES and SNES Minis came out, I saw loads of comments along the lines of, "LOL, no thanks. Ever heard of RetroPi? You can get loads more games than this on an SD card and plug it in for free. Anyone who buys this is a mug." I'm sure Nintendo saw many more than I did. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted September 2, 2018 Paid Members Posted September 2, 2018 27 minutes ago, Uncle Zeb said: When the NES and SNES Minis came out, I saw loads of comments along the lines of, "LOL, no thanks. Ever heard of RetroPi? You can get loads more games than this on an SD card and plug it in for free. Anyone who buys this is a mug." I'm sure Nintendo saw many more than I did. I don't really understand the point you're making here. Quote
Guest Posted September 2, 2018 Posted September 2, 2018 8 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said: I don't really understand the point you're making here. That Nintendo's heightened intolerance of ROM sites might be at least in part the consequence of said feedback. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted September 2, 2018 Paid Members Posted September 2, 2018 I'm sure there won't be a whole host of replacement ROM sites popping up over the course of the next few months or anything. Quote
Merzbow Posted September 6, 2018 Posted September 6, 2018 Rom sites are a necessity when 99.9% of the games being held on them will never see an official rerelease, it'd probably be a huge arseache to sort out with all the legal business behind it but it'd be great to see some kind of agreement where sites can host games not available for purchase. I need a little time off big AAA titles after binging hard on Horizon: Zero Dawn, I'm going to attempt to make my way through a little bit of the Amstrad CPC library, wish me luck and recommend any weird titles to me. Quote
Paid Members BigJag Posted September 6, 2018 Paid Members Posted September 6, 2018 Harrier Jump Jet. Quote
TildeGuy~! Posted September 30, 2018 Posted September 30, 2018 (edited) 2 minutes ago, scratchdj said: Streets of Rage 2 is currently free on iOS and Android: https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/streets-of-rage-2-classic-free-on-ios-and-android-3064885 It has adverts, but can’t moan for free. I already had it downloaded on my iPad years back, think I paid £2.50 for it. I got a random patch update last week and now it plays 10x worse then it did prior and includes the ads. Im just relieved I’ve got it on the Mega Drive collection on PS4 Edited September 30, 2018 by TildeGuy~! Quote
Paid Members Kaz Hayashi Posted September 30, 2018 Paid Members Posted September 30, 2018 If you’re planning on being in the North East on November 4th, you should pop along to my SNES Mario Kart tournament. Other retro games will be free to play. We have custom trophy’s for the winner and craft beer prizes. Hopefully see some of you there. Quote
Guest Posted September 30, 2018 Posted September 30, 2018 3 hours ago, scratchdj said: Streets of Rage 2 is currently free on iOS and Android: https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/streets-of-rage-2-classic-free-on-ios-and-android-3064885 It has adverts, but can’t moan for free. It's a permanent part of the Sega Forever range of freemium mobile games. (In case anyone discovers this post in a few weeks' time and assumes the "deal" is no longer current.) Quote
Guest Posted September 30, 2018 Posted September 30, 2018 (edited) 3 hours ago, scratchdj said: . Edited September 30, 2018 by Uncle Zeb Poxy double post. Quote
Paid Members Arch Stanton Posted September 30, 2018 Paid Members Posted September 30, 2018 That gold controller trophy looks the bollocks, Kaz! Good luck with the event! Quote
Paid Members Onyx2 Posted October 1, 2018 Paid Members Posted October 1, 2018 Just booked tickets for this: https://www.vam.ac.uk/exhibitions/videogames Anyone been / going? Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.