The UKFF Retro Gaming Thread

patiirc

• Paid Members

Like PSN these GOG games will be digital downloads, correct?

Are they locked to one device or can I play the game on whatever Windows computer I choose to use? I'm likely to want to play the games on atlas the two different Windows machines.

4 hours ago, BigJag said:

Like PSN these GOG games will be digital downloads, correct?

Are they locked to one device or can I play the game on whatever Windows computer I choose to use? I'm likely to want to play the games on atlas the two different Windows machines.

Yes they are and digital downloads and you can put them on as many devices as you want.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Awards Moderator

Lovely stuff! 

Spent the afternoon at Five Quarters East in Stratford today. It's great fun! Reserved a Nintendo booth (no money down) and you get an N64 and a SNES to play with. Plus change a quid into quarters and you get to use the coin-ops, usual suspects like SFII', Daytona, Op Thunderbolt, House of t'Dead, plus a Neo Geo MVS we squatted on for a long time. Well worth it if you're in East London. 

• Paid Members

Worth it for the results. You have something unique and to be proud of. Have you noticed any drawbacks? What's the playing experience like?

You can change the button colours, right?

Edited by BigJag

• Paid Members

I've been looking at trying my hand at some speedruns on older games lately. I've been looking up times for GTA III, which is one of the very few games I probably know like the back of my hand. On the speedrun records site there's no times for PS2 or iOS versions (loads for PC but there's a load of warp-skip type tricks used) - If I can build a plan of attack that doesn't take a whole day to complete then I may take the plunge. I made a half-arsed attempt on the plane coming back from Australia on my phone recently and kept fucking up the Paramedic mission, so binned it in frustration. 

20 hours ago, Onyx2 said:

Lovely stuff! 

Spent the afternoon at Five Quarters East in Stratford today. It's great fun! Reserved a Nintendo booth (no money down) and you get an N64 and a SNES to play with. Plus change a quid into quarters and you get to use the coin-ops, usual suspects like SFII', Daytona, Op Thunderbolt, House of t'Dead, plus a Neo Geo MVS we squatted on for a long time. Well worth it if you're in East London. 

How have I never heard of this place? I'm only in Bermondsey and due to head to Stratford tomorrow so may well swing by. Do they have many PS1 titles to pick up and play? 

• Awards Moderator
17 hours ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

How have I never heard of this place? I'm only in Bermondsey and due to head to Stratford tomorrow so may well swing by. Do they have many PS1 titles to pick up and play? 

It's a fair walk from the station, be warned. They do have a PS1 booth but I imagine you would need to book ahead in school holidays. Worth sticking your head round the door on the off chance it's available.