The UKFF Retro Gaming Thread

patiirc

• Paid Members
19 hours ago, Merzbow said:

I've never had the itch to buy a MAME cab but I'd kill for an original JAMMA cabinet although the PCB's are expensive, Wrestlefest alone costs over £130.

The fucking Marquee is over £40, then another £40 odd for postage alone.

Ive been wanting one for years as I want to make a table top light box out of it. 

• Paid Members
On 28/12/2017 at 9:04 PM, Kaz Hayashi said:

It’s always been a temptation to get one, but for what I’d spend on it, i wouldn’t do it justice.

I got one for £800 7 years ago, but it was the business. The cabinet was properly done, not just flat-packed together. The monitor was massive so it weighed an absolute ton. It had pretty much every emulator going packed on to it. I got loads of usage out of it. It makes way more difference playing the games on a proper cabinet as well.

My mum foisted this nugget of childhood gaming on me the other day. 

Y3lH5f3.jpg

We called it "The Piggy". My brother was the only one who completed it in our family, as far as I remember. It's basically pac man, move around the board eating the yellow bits and try not to get eaten by the blue things. 

On 29 December 2017 at 11:24 AM, BigJag said:

http://www.northernsoul.me.uk/gaming-arcade-club-bury-review/

Nice write up on Arcade Club in Bury. I still need to get to this place.

Me too! A few friends have been and said how incredible it is. Think I'll go sometime this month. 

• Paid Members
On 04/01/2018 at 12:56 PM, Keith Houchen said:

Me too! A few friends have been and said how incredible it is. Think I'll go sometime this month. 

I went last year just before my birthday. It was a good night out. I hear the best time to get up there is Sunday lunchtime as there's not as much queuing for the VR things, which look really interesting. I do need to get up there with some friends who are a bit more into gaming as I am so we can have a proper crack at some of the multiplayer games.

• Paid Members

I'm going to head up at the end of the month. Probably won't be for long as Bury's a bit of a trek from Stockport and I have to get back for picking the kids up from school, but looking forward to it.

• Paid Members

They're not really open during the day apart from Saturday and Sunday. They're open 6pm-11pm Thursday  6pm-midnight Friday 11am-11pm Saturday and 11am-8pm Sunday.

• Paid Members

For anyone interested, I spotted this pretty interesting Kick Started project earlier. The concept is pretty straight forward, the end user will be able to design and make there own nes game, pop it on a blank cartridge and play on nes compatible machines.. all drag and drop kind of stuff, no coding required. If they get it right it’s a great idea:

Edited by Kaz Hayashi