Jump to content

The UKFF Retro Gaming Thread


Recommended Posts

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Posted

I'm currently digging GBAoid and GBoid for Android. Going to finish Link's Awakening this time! 6 / 8 instruments down.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

An office discussion on this sham from Maria Sharapova just started some googling of Anna Kournikova for memories of a proper "more of a model than a tennis player". As soon as her name was mentioned, I had two thoughts. Firstly, she was fit. Secondly, the tennis game carrying her name on the PS1 was fucking ace! Used to love all of the weird settings for courts and it was a beast of a multi-player game. Anyone else have it?

 

While I'm on Tennis games, Davis Cup World Tour on the Megadrive is my favourite ever. You had to play tournaments all over the world to gain prize money, play practice games to improve your stats and try and climb the rankings to move up in the World. The only problem was my cartridge would never save my progress so I had to start again every single time. I'd play it for hours on end though.

 

Edited by tiger_rick
  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Is that a real question? Yes mate, I smashed the hell out of it. Mainly on holiday on a random arcade machine in the very early 90's, quality game and I still have it for my mega drive.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi
  • Paid Members
Posted

Always loved a good Tennis game where I could start at the bottom and work myself up in tournaments in a season. Not enough Tennis games like that now.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Never been much of a fan of tennis the sport itself, but I absolutely adored Virtua Tennis on the Dreamcast.

 

Perfect simple arcade controls to be able to pick up and play, yet still a game that needed you to practice and improve to get the most out of it. The 2-player sessions my brother and I used to put into it were great.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...