The UKFF Retro Gaming Thread

patiirc

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

An office discussion on this sham from Maria Sharapova just started some googling of Anna Kournikova for memories of a proper "more of a model than a tennis player". As soon as her name was mentioned, I had two thoughts. Firstly, she was fit. Secondly, the tennis game carrying her name on the PS1 was fucking ace! Used to love all of the weird settings for courts and it was a beast of a multi-player game. Anyone else have it?

While I'm on Tennis games, Davis Cup World Tour on the Megadrive is my favourite ever. You had to play tournaments all over the world to gain prize money, play practice games to improve your stats and try and climb the rankings to move up in the World. The only problem was my cartridge would never save my progress so I had to start again every single time. I'd play it for hours on end though.

Edited by tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Never been much of a fan of tennis the sport itself, but I absolutely adored Virtua Tennis on the Dreamcast.

Perfect simple arcade controls to be able to pick up and play, yet still a game that needed you to practice and improve to get the most out of it. The 2-player sessions my brother and I used to put into it were great.