patiirc Posted October 5, 2015 Author Posted October 5, 2015 Sweet cab, Scratch, very impressive stuff. My bro built a full size one a few years back and keeps tinkering with it, light gun support, working coin op, and so on, temptations always there to do more with it . Brilliant stuff Quote
RancidPunx Posted January 30, 2016 Posted January 30, 2016 Are there any decent Nintendo Wii U emulators for Mac OS X knocking about? Fancy playing the latest Mario kart and Mario game . Quote
RancidPunx Posted January 30, 2016 Posted January 30, 2016 Balls, oh well that saves me som time at least. Stupid question, will wii u games not play on a regular wii? Quote
CAREBEAR LUVVA Posted January 30, 2016 Posted January 30, 2016 Nah, because you need the big clunky uncomfortable Wii U pad thing to be able to play Wii U games, and that doesn't work on the regular Wii. Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted January 30, 2016 Paid Members Posted January 30, 2016 I never had a problem with the Wii U pad tbh, apart from Smash Bros which it's rubbish for. Quote
RancidPunx Posted January 30, 2016 Posted January 30, 2016 Ah balls, so if I want to play the latest MarkoKart then I need to buy the whole Wii U thing ? Quote
RancidPunx Posted January 30, 2016 Posted January 30, 2016 Might fuck around with Dolphin https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolphin_(emulator) Anywhere good to get games ? Quote
Merzbow Posted January 30, 2016 Posted January 30, 2016 Dolphin's a great emulator, used it to play a few rarer GC and Wii Iso's that I ain't paying stupid money for. Quote
Paid Members Arch Stanton Posted January 30, 2016 Paid Members Posted January 30, 2016 Has anyone here used an old Nintendo DS or DS Lite as an emulator for playing retro games? I've read a little about this but nearly everything goes over my head because I'm not very techy. Would be interested if I could breathe new life into the one I've got in my drawer by playing some SNES roms. Quote
Merzbow Posted January 30, 2016 Posted January 30, 2016 I rememeber my old DS Lite being terribly underpowered for running a SNES emulator, there were issues all over the place and you'll have to buy a flash cart from some dodgy chinese place just to do it. Quote
Paid Members Arch Stanton Posted January 30, 2016 Paid Members Posted January 30, 2016 Yeah, it's the flash cart business that I need smartening up about. Sounds like hassle, think I'll leave it. Forgive me if I'm asking totally obvious questions, but how easy is it to find and run an emulator through my laptop to play old console games? I'm talking 16-bit era, so nothing too powerful. I assume you can find cheap USB controllers and such? Quote
RancidPunx Posted January 30, 2016 Posted January 30, 2016 You on a Mac or pc mate ? Also you can pair PlayStation controllers Bluetooth with most laptops if you have a cable. Overall it's well do-able ! Quote
Paid Members Arch Stanton Posted January 30, 2016 Paid Members Posted January 30, 2016 On a Windows laptop. Quote
Merzbow Posted January 30, 2016 Posted January 30, 2016 Emulating on a PC is pretty simple, get yourself ZSNES and Kega Fusion and you'll be sorted. Now for USB controllers you'll probably want to get a Buffalo Classic if you're only using it for 16bit and earlier games, they're pretty amazing for under a tenner on Amazon. Quote
Paid Members Arch Stanton Posted January 30, 2016 Paid Members Posted January 30, 2016 Emulating on a PC is pretty simple, get yourself ZSNES and Kega Fusion and you'll be sorted. Now for USB controllers you'll probably want to get a Buffalo Classic if you're only using it for 16bit and earlier games, they're pretty amazing for under a tenner on Amazon. Nice one. And then you just download ROMs from Emuparadise or somewhere like that? Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.