MungoChutney Posted March 10, 2016 Posted March 10, 2016 I think it might have been Japanese now you mention it Baz. I don't think I ever got close to completing KGB but I remember spending days on it when I was 11 or so. Quote
Paid Members Kaz Hayashi Posted March 10, 2016 Paid Members Posted March 10, 2016 (edited) Is that a real question? Yes mate, I smashed the hell out of it. Mainly on holiday on a random arcade machine in the very early 90's, quality game and I still have it for my mega drive.Was Chuck Rock out at the arcades? I remember a couple of caveman games - Wonderboy and Caveman Ninja - but not that one. No, home computers and consoles only. I'd guess Caveman Ninja would be what Kaz remembers, it's the closest in styleThe one we hammered on holiday (Cyprus I believe) was 100% Chuck rock, so based on the post below yours I'm guessing it must have been modded. That makes sense thinking back, it was in what I can only describe as an older deserted reception that they had not revamped, just around the corner from the actual reception. It was on its todd, no other cabinets in sight. In regards to what I remember from Chuck rock being awesome in the school yard, I must be thinking of a console version. That's something new I've learned today, if only there was a thread. Edited March 10, 2016 by Kaz Hayashi Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted March 10, 2016 Paid Members Posted March 10, 2016 (edited) EDIT: In response to Seanz Metroid Zero Mission and Metroid Fusion are just as fun as Super Metroid. Advance Wars and the Fire Emblems cover your RTS games. I've heard the Castlevania games are good, and you can get Super Mario 3, Super Mario World and Yoshi's Island. Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga, and Golden Sun cover your RPGs if you're into them, plus I think there's Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest games. It's also fully back compatible with the GB and GBC. Edited March 10, 2016 by FelatioLips Quote
Paid Members Teedy Kay Posted March 10, 2016 Paid Members Posted March 10, 2016 I had a side scrolling tennis game on the Amiga 1200.. Aye, that one was cracking. Spent HOURS on it. It was side on (like Street Fighter 2) so it took a bit of time to get used to it. Wish I could remember the name and get the Amiga emulator fired up. Think the writing might have been in Japanese. That'll be Smash as mentioned in my previous post, an absolute belting game, loved the 'special shots' of the opposition Quote
Undefeated Steak Posted March 10, 2016 Posted March 10, 2016 Anyone else looking forward to Pokemon GO? Saw the first trailer when it came out and it's probably the most I've looked forward to a game in about 10-15 years. Quote
Retro Red Posted March 13, 2016 Posted March 13, 2016 Had a week off work, so started a project. Still a bit to be done, vinyl for the sides to be added, marquee to be properly attached, back panel to be fitted and the trim on the edges, but internally it's complete and working and I'm delighted. It's running the Hyperspin frontend which I've been building on my PC since around Christmas, has arcade emulation right up to the Taito X2 board (used for the most recent King of Fighters and Street Fighter IV games), and all the retro consoles included too (up to Dreamcast and Gamecube). It's not perfect, but I'm delighted how it's turned out thus far. Quote
Retro Red Posted March 13, 2016 Posted March 13, 2016 Thanks man, it's an Intel i5 running at 3.1ghz, 16gb of ram and onboard graphics. Got a wired 360 controller for console games, I'm also tempted to get a sensor bar fitted for lightgun games too. Quote
Merzbow Posted March 13, 2016 Posted March 13, 2016 Have you thought about emulating the Wii if you're going to be using a sensor bar? Dolphin does a pretty good job it. Quote
Retro Red Posted March 13, 2016 Posted March 13, 2016 That's a good shout tbh. I've already got Dolphin installed so wouldn't take much. Quote
Merzbow Posted March 24, 2016 Posted March 24, 2016 Does anyone remember the old Speccy (and other inferiors computers) game Slightly Magic? It's been rereleased on PC with the original style graphics and you can pay whatever you like. https://indiegamestand.com/deal/#details Quote
Paid Members BigJag Posted July 29, 2016 Paid Members Posted July 29, 2016 http://www.revivalretroevents.co.uk/ Anyone going to that? Quote
Big Bully Busick Posted November 6, 2016 Posted November 6, 2016 Can any body link me to a ready built Rasp PI with a million games and kodi installed at a decent price? The ones i see around seem to be a tad overpriced for my liking Quote
Merzbow Posted November 6, 2016 Posted November 6, 2016 There's a market for that? I'm sure you'll find one before I get around to it but I may try selling them myself. Maybe try a pi Facebook group. Quote
Big Bully Busick Posted November 6, 2016 Posted November 6, 2016 Yeah quite a few people do these but i just dont fancy paying too much for one Maybe i am just being tight fisted,as a decent one seems to go for a ton + Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.