The UKFF Retro Gaming Thread

patiirc

• Paid Members

Is that a real question? Yes mate, I smashed the hell out of it. Mainly on holiday on a random arcade machine in the very early 90's, quality game and I still have it for my mega drive.

Was Chuck Rock out at the arcades? I remember a couple of caveman games - Wonderboy and Caveman Ninja - but not that one.

No, home computers and consoles only. I'd guess Caveman Ninja would be what Kaz remembers, it's the closest in style
The one we hammered on holiday (Cyprus I believe) was 100% Chuck rock, so based on the post below yours I'm guessing it must have been modded. That makes sense thinking back, it was in what I can only describe as an older deserted reception that they had not revamped, just around the corner from the actual reception. It was on its todd, no other cabinets in sight.

In regards to what I remember from Chuck rock being awesome in the school yard, I must be thinking of a console version.

That's something new I've learned today, if only there was a thread.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members

EDIT: In response to Seanz

Metroid Zero Mission and Metroid Fusion are just as fun as Super Metroid. Advance Wars and the Fire Emblems cover your RTS games. I've heard the Castlevania games are good, and you can get Super Mario 3, Super Mario World and Yoshi's Island.

Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga, and Golden Sun cover your RPGs if you're into them, plus I think there's Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest games.

It's also fully back compatible with the GB and GBC.

Edited by FelatioLips

• Paid Members

I had a side scrolling tennis game on the Amiga 1200..

Aye, that one was cracking. Spent HOURS on it. It was side on (like Street Fighter 2) so it took a bit of time to get used to it. Wish I could remember the name and get the Amiga emulator fired up. Think the writing might have been in Japanese.

That'll be Smash as mentioned in my previous post, an absolute belting game, loved the 'special shots' of the opposition

10300426_10153483442937634_7849675074670

Had a week off work, so started a project. Still a bit to be done, vinyl for the sides to be added, marquee to be properly attached, back panel to be fitted and the trim on the edges, but internally it's complete and working and I'm delighted.

It's running the Hyperspin frontend which I've been building on my PC since around Christmas, has arcade emulation right up to the Taito X2 board (used for the most recent King of Fighters and Street Fighter IV games), and all the retro consoles included too (up to Dreamcast and Gamecube). It's not perfect, but I'm delighted how it's turned out thus far.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...