King Pitcos Posted January 30, 2016 Posted January 30, 2016 Yeah, most 16 bit roms are incredibly easy to find from those kind of sites. Just googling the game and rom will get loads of results. Last time I was downloading roms, the sites were full of irritating adwalls and malware links, just be wary of that. Quote
Merzbow Posted January 30, 2016 Posted January 30, 2016 Yeah that's about it, the only thing you might have to do is set up the controller in the emulators. For Kega it's: Options > Set Config > Controllers ZSNES it's: Config > Input Quote
Retro Red Posted January 30, 2016 Posted January 30, 2016 There's also a torrential amount of kickass full rom packs available as well.... Quote
RancidPunx Posted February 1, 2016 Posted February 1, 2016 Any classics for the Game Cube or Wii that are essentials ?? Quote
Rey_Piste Posted February 1, 2016 Posted February 1, 2016 Any classics for the Game Cube or Wii that are essentials ?? Resident Evil 4, Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes and Eternal Darkness are 3 that come to mind for the Game Cube. Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted February 1, 2016 Paid Members Posted February 1, 2016 Depends entirely what you're into. I won't blast off every good game they had, but if I just bought a Gamecube/Wii and wanted to play 5 games from each I'd get these first:Gamecube - Pikmin, Mario Kart Double Dash, Luigi's Mansion, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, Metroid PrimeWii - Sonic Colours, Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, LoZ; Skyward Sword, Super Smash Bros BrawlThere are some games worth playing but they'd cost you a pretty penny. Paper Mario, Twin Snakes, Metroid Trilogy, Twilight Princess on the GC, Zelda Collectors Edition, Tales of Symphonia, Xenoblade Chronicles. Quote
Merzbow Posted February 1, 2016 Posted February 1, 2016 Pro Evolution Soccer 2009, and I'm not kidding there. It's more of a RTS than a typical sports game and I'm sad they stopped making sequels. Quote
Paid Members Kaz Hayashi Posted February 1, 2016 Paid Members Posted February 1, 2016 (edited) I've been playing quite a bit of my Retron 5 and JXD over the last year, both still playing brilliantly. I do have a snes and a couple of mega drives, but due to the ease of playing foreign cartridges, the Retron is always the first choice to play games, especially with my tv compatibility. Anyone else still playing their's, if so how are they holding up? Edited February 2, 2016 by Kaz Hayashi Quote
truthofsin Posted February 2, 2016 Posted February 2, 2016 Just completed Castlevania Symphony of the Night.. Again. Think thats 8x i've done this now. Game never gets old. Wish they'd release a sequel that's true to this rather than the 3D stuff or the dodgy one with the zooming in and out. Never played it, but that put me off big time. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted February 2, 2016 Paid Members Posted February 2, 2016 Speaking of Pro Evo, I found my 3DS cart for Pro Evo 2011 that I'd never played so stuck it in. What a game! The 3D effect is mega and it plays like proper old school PS2 pro evo. Dirk Kuyt is currently tearing apart the best in Europe in an inspired Champions League campaign for Liverpool. Cheers for the tip. If my daughter has any idea where her 3DS is, I'll try and get it! Quote
Paid Members Sergio Mendacious Posted February 10, 2016 Paid Members Posted February 10, 2016 Weird retro gaming connection — our company publishes a couple of sci fi magazines, and the Editorial Assistant was doing a clearout of submissions. I noticed a ring binder, and discovered that it was one of two binders with cards created by Walter Day, of King of Kong/Twin Galaxies fame, relating to famous sci-fi authors. There's even a couple of cards in those trading card protective shells. I actually corresponded with Walter Day about 10 or so years ago, about a possible pinball record I may have set — weird way for him to pop up again. Quote
Paid Members Kaz Hayashi Posted February 11, 2016 Paid Members Posted February 11, 2016 For anyone interested, there's a big retro games event on in Doncaster on March 5th. Only a couple of quid in on the door. Loads of stalls to buy retro goods along with playable machines, competitions etc. I know a couple of us are travelling down from Gateshead, should be a laugh. Quote
Paid Members Arch Stanton Posted February 11, 2016 Paid Members Posted February 11, 2016 Emulating on a PC is pretty simple, get yourself ZSNES and Kega Fusion and you'll be sorted. Now for USB controllers you'll probably want to get a Buffalo Classic if you're only using it for 16bit and earlier games, they're pretty amazing for under a tenner on Amazon. Cheers for the tips, I bought myself a Buffalo and have been playing Super Mario World through ZSNES. Works great so far. Quote
King Pitcos Posted February 11, 2016 Posted February 11, 2016 I only recently found out that that Mortal Kombat 3 came out on the Master System. Mortal Kombat 3! How? Why? Quote
The King Of Swing Posted February 12, 2016 Posted February 12, 2016 For the Brazil market maybe? Apparently the Master System was/is a big deal over there and looking it up there was even a version of Street Fighter II on the console. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=97uaJrUmzho Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.