The UKFF Retro Gaming Thread

patiirc

• Paid Members

Depends entirely what you're into. 

I won't blast off every good game they had, but if I just bought a Gamecube/Wii and wanted to play 5 games from each I'd get these first:

Gamecube - Pikmin, Mario Kart Double Dash, Luigi's Mansion, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, Metroid Prime

Wii - Sonic Colours, Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, LoZ; Skyward Sword, Super Smash Bros Brawl

There are some games worth playing but they'd cost you a pretty penny. Paper Mario, Twin Snakes, Metroid Trilogy, Twilight Princess on the GC, Zelda Collectors Edition, Tales of Symphonia, Xenoblade Chronicles.

• Paid Members

I've been playing quite a bit of my Retron 5 and JXD over the last year, both still playing brilliantly. I do have a snes and a couple of mega drives, but due to the ease of playing foreign cartridges, the Retron is always the first choice to play games, especially with my tv compatibility.

Anyone else still playing their's, if so how are they holding up?

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members

Speaking of Pro Evo, I found my 3DS cart for Pro Evo 2011 that I'd never played so stuck it in. What a game!

The 3D effect is mega and it plays like proper old school PS2 pro evo.

Dirk Kuyt is currently tearing apart the best in Europe in an inspired Champions League campaign for Liverpool.

Cheers for the tip. If my daughter has any idea where her 3DS is, I'll try and get it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Weird retro gaming connection — our company publishes a couple of sci fi magazines, and the Editorial Assistant was doing a clearout of submissions. I noticed a ring binder, and discovered that it was one of two binders with cards created by Walter Day, of King of Kong/Twin Galaxies fame, relating to famous sci-fi authors. There's even a couple of cards in those trading card protective shells.

I actually corresponded with Walter Day about 10 or so years ago, about a possible pinball record I may have set — weird way for him to pop up again.

• Paid Members

For anyone interested, there's a big retro games event on in Doncaster on March 5th. Only a couple of quid in on the door. Loads of stalls to buy retro goods along with playable machines, competitions etc.

I know a couple of us are travelling down from Gateshead, should be a laugh.

• Paid Members

Emulating on a PC is pretty simple, get yourself ZSNES and Kega Fusion and you'll be sorted. Now for USB controllers you'll probably want to get a Buffalo Classic if you're only using it for 16bit and earlier games, they're pretty amazing for under a tenner on Amazon.

Cheers for the tips, I bought myself a Buffalo and have been playing Super Mario World through ZSNES. Works great so far.