The UKFF Retro Gaming Thread

patiirc

Don't know if this is the best thread to ask in, but I'll try anyway.

Got a Raspberry Pi 3 recently. Got RetroPie. Where's the best, most reliable place to get ROMs from? I hear Pi3 can do PS1 games too. So looking into that and the usual NES/SNES/SEGA lot.

Thanks!

Cool Roms are always a place to search when googling something!

Had a bit of a retro December and New Year, been hammering that Champ Manager 93/94 linked in the football thread at work, mainly because we can play stuff on the net if is quiet and it has been.

Aside from that Rockstar Ate My Hamster has been grabbing my attention, fun, lasts a few mins here and there and is the kind of thing that would make a great flash based game moving forward.

Really need to get back more into the whole shebang and now with Arcade Club in Bury which is beyond epic and 'Play' events as well as the Retro Museum thingy in Nottingham then things are looking up.

If I ever get some money a Pi, and  decent ish montior/ controller set up is a must really miss the days of just chilling out playing something daft like Beach head II or World Games Multiplayer growing up. 

Emuparadise rarely lets me down, sometimes a CD era game can be in an odd format that my emulator doesn't like but that's the same for most sites. edgeemu.net is great for Sega Saturn, it's all CCD format which mednafen runs easily, get that emulator for sure on PC.

• Paid Members

In some Nintendo news, they recently logged a trademark/patent for the snes controller. Some believe it might be linked to a potential mini snes, following the recent nes.

Either that or they are simply renewing copyright protection.

I've still got my snes and a retron 5, so i won't bother with a mini snes. I still think they fucked up by only offering the built ins on the mini nes.

• Paid Members

"Rockstar Ate My Hamster". There's a game name I haven't heard in a while and what an original game. You'd be sued into next year for it now, but still brilliant game,

Thats a game i always remember, i actually have no idea what it was about the title just stuck with me.

Ive mentioned it a few times over the years and people seem to think im making it up.

Considering it's been sold out everywhere since day dot, what kind of sales would it take for you to consider it not a fuck up?

It sold out because only around 6 consoles were produced, the sales figures are actually a complete and utter joke. I've seen sites praising the numbers but they could have easily doubled or even tripled them if they sold the console correctly.

Edited by Merzbow

The only thing that concerns me about the Mini NES is the apparently very short cable on the controller, which might have been fine in the days when we were all happy to sit cross-legged on the carpet in front of a portable telly, but not so much in the plasma widescreen era.

Considering it's been sold out everywhere since day dot, what kind of sales would it take for you to consider it not a fuck up?

A lot of that was a combination of Nintendo's usual launch stock availability issues plus resellers buying them up to resell at the inevitable double markup. Once we start getting steady stock availability it'll be interesting to see sale numbers, I think that a lot of the immediate I 'member market will be lost because of missing the Christmas rush.

A lot of that was a combination of Nintendo's usual launch stock availability issues plus resellers buying them up to resell at the inevitable double markup. Once we start getting steady stock availability it'll be interesting to see sale numbers, I think that a lot of the immediate I 'member market will be lost because of missing the Christmas rush.

Very likely, this was a christmas toy and with that now behind us they'll have lost a fair few sales. I'd like to know how many of those awful atgames Megadrives were sold due to there being no NES stock.