Jump to content

The UKFF Retro Gaming Thread


Recommended Posts

Posted

There's the new Elite but that's a just a very pretty but soulless husk and don't get me started on No Man's Sky. Star Citizen seems to be the big thing coming along but I'm doubtful it'll live up to expectations.

Posted

 

For those who have been dipping into the Raspberry Pi for their retro gaming, I recommend getting a 128gb memory card and an image to write to it called 'Rey's 128gb image' (for googling purposes). Only needs a little tweaking which there are full tutorials for, and is fully loaded with every console up to and including some PS1 stuff, plus a full arcade set as well. Also, it has the new attract mode overlay built in which turns your pie into this beautiful looking thing.

 

I got this setup this morning, it's absolutely phenomenal. As in, my mind was blown at just how much stuff is on it!

 

It's seems to be quite particular about what card you use and how you write the image, but it's worth the download/effort.

 

Probably a stupid question but what would I actually need to get this to play on my TV? I can do a memory card and download the stuff but what would I need to use it on?

 

Thanks.

Posted

 

It also had a ghostbusters 2 games, which I never got past the first level.

Going down into the sewers on a rope?

 

That's the one, with the ghost hands that come and cut the ropes. Could never do it.

  • Paid Members
Posted

There's the new Elite but that's a just a very pretty but soulless husk

... Except unexplained aliens just turned up in the galaxy and the community is shitting themselves.

 

  • Paid Members
Posted

 

 

 

It also had a ghostbusters 2 games, which I never got past the first level.

Going down into the sewers on a rope?

That's the one, with the ghost hands that come and cut the ropes. Could never do it.
Ha! Me neither. My Dad took it back to the shop and complained it was WAY too hard and I got Action Fighter as a wonderful replacement.
Posted

Apologies but stupid question time

 

I've put a Megadrive emulator on my phone - is there such a thing as a sonic & knuckles for the original sonic that I can ROM from somewhere? I downloaded a couple with the title but when they load they come up with the 'no way' screen.  Does such a thing exist?  I've got the Sonic 2 one :-)

Posted

Traditionally you would need to press A+B+C on that screen, but I don't know if you'll be able to do that on your phone...

Posted

thanks. guess it wont work then, classic cheats dont seem to which is a right pain. Green Hill might not be the most difficult level ever but having to bash through it every time is a right pain!

Posted

Okay I've been attempting to understand this Raspberry Pi business a bit more, but there's so much out there.

 

So for a basic starter kit where I don't need to build anything and I can just install stuff/plug into TV and play, the below seems okay?

 

https://thepihut.com/collections/raspberry-pi-kits-and-bundles/products/raspberry-pi-3-retro-gaming-bundle

 

Or am I missing something completely and thinking it's too easy?

Posted

I asked this in the What Play You thread, but it's probably more suited to here.

 

Recently installed the Gamecube emulator. I've only downloaded Mario Kart Double Dash so far. Not being a Nintendo aficionado, what were some of the other better games for this console? Preferably multiplayer games.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...