The UKFF Retro Gaming Thread

patiirc

For those who have been dipping into the Raspberry Pi for their retro gaming, I recommend getting a 128gb memory card and an image to write to it called 'Rey's 128gb image' (for googling purposes). Only needs a little tweaking which there are full tutorials for, and is fully loaded with every console up to and including some PS1 stuff, plus a full arcade set as well. Also, it has the new attract mode overlay built in which turns your pie into this beautiful looking thing.

I got this setup this morning, it's absolutely phenomenal. As in, my mind was blown at just how much stuff is on it!

It's seems to be quite particular about what card you use and how you write the image, but it's worth the download/effort.

Probably a stupid question but what would I actually need to get this to play on my TV? I can do a memory card and download the stuff but what would I need to use it on?

Thanks.

• Paid Members

It also had a ghostbusters 2 games, which I never got past the first level.

Going down into the sewers on a rope?

That's the one, with the ghost hands that come and cut the ropes. Could never do it.
Ha! Me neither. My Dad took it back to the shop and complained it was WAY too hard and I got Action Fighter as a wonderful replacement.

Apologies but stupid question time

I've put a Megadrive emulator on my phone - is there such a thing as a sonic & knuckles for the original sonic that I can ROM from somewhere? I downloaded a couple with the title but when they load they come up with the 'no way' screen.  Does such a thing exist?  I've got the Sonic 2 one :-)

Okay I've been attempting to understand this Raspberry Pi business a bit more, but there's so much out there.

So for a basic starter kit where I don't need to build anything and I can just install stuff/plug into TV and play, the below seems okay?

https://thepihut.com/collections/raspberry-pi-kits-and-bundles/products/raspberry-pi-3-retro-gaming-bundle

Or am I missing something completely and thinking it's too easy?