The UKFF Retro Gaming Thread

patiirc

Well I may have been a little premature when I berated and belittled an innocent Chinese eBay seller due to my suspicion that he sold me a counterfeit MicroSD card. The issue was that it was 128GB card and only had a capacity of 2MB. I bought a totally legit one from Amazon the other day and it's exactly the same. My wait for Rey's image goes on. :dickin:

If you didn't use this before, format your card with this. Keep all the default options:

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

I did indeed try that. No idea what the problem was. I went into command prompt on another PC and erased the partitions there and re-formatted it. Seems to have fixed it. However I think it may have originally been a problem with my card reader on the PC that the image and everything is on as I couldn't reconnect it. Because I'm a home network dunce, I've spent most of the evening transferring over the zip files via a USB stick onto the PC that the SD card works on. What a faff. It's now writing though. Hopefully have a good, working system for the weekend. :D

If it's Rey's image, look for a channel called drew talks on YouTube, he's got a few tutorials for fixing a few things once you have it up and running

I was thinking more if you wanted to play a new DD but yeah do that too. 2 is fucking solid in the arcade and a right coin muncher unlike 1 which could be done semi easily on a single credit.

Give the first 2 speccy versions of Renegade a go too, not sure if any other ports are as good.

• Paid Members

I'm sure it had the same slowdown on original hardware.

Really? It's so long since I played an original arcade machine. I can't remember.

I think it's because MAME emulates the same hardware including limitations. Anything more than about 6 sprites on screen and it starts to chug a little bit. IT's better than the 4 sprites the NES version would struggle with, though. Renegade and Double Dragon 2 in the arcades had that really interesting 3 button layout with attack left, jump and attack right. I should have a look and see whether there are anyfan translations of the Kunio Kun series from which we got games like Nintendo World Cup, Super Dodge Ball, River City Rampage and Renegade.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kunio-kun

• 2 weeks later...