The UKFF Retro Gaming Thread

patiirc

• Paid Members

Sorry to bump an old thread but where is the best place to obtain Rey's 128 image for RetroPie?

Thank you.

Add this Magnet URL

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:EB3E0399412CEF6BAAC97636683A24D6744DBD67&dn=AM128img&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.publicbt.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.istole.it%3a80%2fannounce

into your torrent client.

Also as someone advised in here a month or so ago, look up DrewTalks on YouTube. Great set up tutorial here. 

:thumbsup: Edited by Bettencourt

Sorry to bump an old thread but where is the best place to obtain Rey's 128 image for RetroPie?

Thank you.

Add this Magnet URL

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:EB3E0399412CEF6BAAC97636683A24D6744DBD67&dn=AM128img&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.publicbt.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.istole.it%3a80%2fannounce

into your torrent client.[/size]

[/size]Also as someone advised in here a month or so ago, look up DrewTalks on YouTube. Great set up tutorial here. [/size]

Thank you.

[/size] :thumbsup:

Not to sound sarcastic or anything, but there's tons of results on Google.

Appreciate that. However, most were dead links or worse still, websites that contained more spyware than a North Korean Government building.

If anyone has taken notice of my ramblings the last few months in here and the 'What Play You' thread, you'd know that I've been dipping into the emulator world.

I've successfully installed and regularly use the Mega Drive, SNES, Game Cube & Wii emulators. All are working pretty great and my PC seems more than capable of running them without issue (or very little issue at the most). The problem is I often go to friends houses to have some gaming sessions and I'd love to be able to take these with me, but to take a PC with me every time I go would be a bit of a chore.

Does such a system exist that I can easily install emulators & games on, that's compatible with PS4 pads and is easily transportable? Basically a mini PC that is good enough to run emulators and won't hurt my wallet too much.

Ahhh, yes. I have heard of Raspberry Pi before but didn't really know what it was for.

Can you purchase them preloaded or do you just buy the system and install the image above (I'm already downloading it in anticipation). And I assume the likes of eBay are the best places to purchase them from?

How likely is it they'll eventually have the PS2/GC/Wii emulators working on them?

They're piss easy to sort out (get the Pi and an SD card, then install that Reys link and you're good to go), but they're nowhere near powerful enough to emulate anything beyond PS1/Dreamcast (sometimes it's only barely even able to run those) so there's zero chance of it being able to run PS2, Gamecube or Wii games. Your best bet for something portable would be a laptop...

• Paid Members

Ahhh, yes. I have heard of Raspberry Pi before but didn't really know what it was for.

Can you purchase them preloaded or do you just buy the system and install the image above (I'm already downloading it in anticipation). And I assume the likes of eBay are the best places to purchase them from?

How likely is it they'll eventually have the PS2/GC/Wii emulators working on them?

You can probably buy one pre-loaded but it's like buying a kodi box, you're essentially paying a premium for something that is very simple to set up (it's literally formatting a card and placing the image on it) You can buy the pi from Amazon.

It's probably never going to support PS2/GC/Wii, purely because of the power it has, it has trouble running some N64 and PS1 games 

They're piss easy to sort out (get the Pi and an SD card, then install that Reys link and you're good to go), but they're nowhere near powerful enough to emulate anything beyond PS1/Dreamcast (sometimes it's only barely even able to run those) so there's zero chance of it being able to run PS2, Gamecube or Wii games. Your best bet for something portable would be a laptop...

You can probably buy one pre-loaded but it's like buying a kodi box, you're essentially paying a premium for something that is very simple to set up (it's literally formatting a card and placing the image on it) You can buy the pi from Amazon.

It's probably never going to support PS2/GC/Wii, purely because of the power it has, it has trouble running some N64 and PS1 games 

Cheers for the replies guys. It seems like I'm best sticking with earlier consoles to run this, which is perfectly fine.

Laptop is temping though, as I've enjoyed playing some of the GC and Wii games. What is the minimum spec I should be looking at to run those emulators without issues? If I can get a cheap laptop then I might go down that route.