The UKFF Retro Gaming Thread

patiirc

I think they mean bootleg GC games, you can just stick them all on a USB drive.

Oh, right. That's fair enough. Basically all the bootleg games I've heard of are for even older consoles than that.

Yeah Merzbow is correct. I have two hard drives full of gamecube games and as you can use the original Gamecube controller it doesnt seem any different to playing the original game.

• Paid Members

Do you want to just buy something ready made it do it yourself?

If you're willing to do bits yourself you can get a raspberry pi and download the rey build. Have a look at the videos of it on the last page.

The actual empty cabinets can be bought off eBay although the templates are free online if you want to give it a go yourself. I'm currently building it into a coffee table and all in with the screen and the controllers I'm budgeting £250.

From what little research I've done in the past I'd say pre-built MAME cabs often come with a huge markup.

Look for retro videogame shows close by as they often have people who build/sell them there, there's one in Brum soon I might be visiting.  https://www.facebook.com/events/835782656559780/

There was a company at EGX last year but I forget the name, if i remember I'll post back.