Jump to content

The UKFF Retro Gaming Thread


Recommended Posts

Posted

Modding a Wii is worth it just for the Gamecube titles alone.

Unless you have one of the later editions of the Wii, no modding is required at all. 

Posted

I think they mean bootleg GC games, you can just stick them all on a USB drive.

Oh, right. That's fair enough. Basically all the bootleg games I've heard of are for even older consoles than that.

Posted

 

I think they mean bootleg GC games, you can just stick them all on a USB drive.

 

Oh, right. That's fair enough. Basically all the bootleg games I've heard of are for even older consoles than that.

Yeah Merzbow is correct. I have two hard drives full of gamecube games and as you can use the original Gamecube controller it doesnt seem any different to playing the original game.

  • Paid Members
Posted

There's a lot of info on your query in this thread. You may want to search through it. Otherwise I'm sure somebody will be along with more detailed advice soon.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Do you want to just buy something ready made it do it yourself?

 

If you're willing to do bits yourself you can get a raspberry pi and download the rey build. Have a look at the videos of it on the last page.

The actual empty cabinets can be bought off eBay although the templates are free online if you want to give it a go yourself. I'm currently building it into a coffee table and all in with the screen and the controllers I'm budgeting £250.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Like I say, I wouldn't be able to do it myself, I'm looking for something ready and custom made.

 

I don't really mind what hardware is in it as long as I have all the emulators I want on it. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

I'm planning on going to that event. Has anyone been to one before? Are all the games free to play? Once you've paid your entrance fee.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...