The UKFF Retro Gaming Thread

patiirc

All this talk of old games magazines has reminded me of one of the greatest things to ever appear on television - the Gamesmaster "Dave Perry Incident". Journo Dave had written an article making a big deal about not playing the N64 until it was officially released in the UK, and then found himself having to play Mario 64 (before it was out in the UK) for a challenge on Gamesmaster. He lost, claimed he'd been set up, had a sulk and never appeared on the show again. Fantastic stuff, and hilariously uncomfortable to watch. Let's all have a right good chuckle at the silly old tit getting stroppy!

There was talk of this before about this. Might have even been in this thread but I'm not sure. He knew the shortcut, went for it and fucked up. The twat.

• Paid Members

Well I may have been a little premature when I berated and belittled an innocent Chinese eBay seller due to my suspicion that he sold me a counterfeit MicroSD card. The issue was that it was 128GB card and only had a capacity of 2MB. I bought a totally legit one from Amazon the other day and it's exactly the same. My wait for Rey's image goes on.  :dickin:

What gaming magazines did everyone buy?

I was a big fan of Total! and still have all the issues to this day.

Maybe showing my age here, but how many people remember this magazine?

Super_Play.jpg

Indeed! a great magazine, they still go for a pretty sum on eBay. Im into collecting old games magazine and these always seem to go for ridiculous prices.

• Paid Members

Well I may have been a little premature when I berated and belittled an innocent Chinese eBay seller due to my suspicion that he sold me a counterfeit MicroSD card. The issue was that it was 128GB card and only had a capacity of 2MB. I bought a totally legit one from Amazon the other day and it's exactly the same. My wait for Rey's image goes on. :dickin:

If you didn't use this before, format your card with this. Keep all the default options:

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

I did indeed try that. No idea what the problem was. I went into command prompt on another PC and erased the partitions there and re-formatted it. Seems to have fixed it. However I think it may have originally been a problem with my card reader on the PC that the image and everything is on as I couldn't reconnect it. Because I'm a home network dunce, I've spent most of the evening transferring over the zip files via a USB stick onto the PC that the SD card works on. What a faff. It's now writing though. Hopefully have a good, working system for the weekend. :D

What gaming magazines did everyone buy?

I was a big fan of Total! and still have all the issues to this day.

Maybe showing my age here, but how many people remember this magazine?

Super_Play.jpg

Indeed! a great magazine, they still go for a pretty sum on eBay. Im into collecting old games magazine and these always seem to go for ridiculous prices.

We I was a kid my uncle gave me about 30 old issues of this... They ended up in a right state with me being a stupid 10 year old

Possibly even issue 1. I wish I still had them all!