scotty_1120 Posted January 25, 2017 Posted January 25, 2017 Http://www.oldgamemags.comthis site may be of some use to you all if you weren't already aware of it. Quote
Paid Members chokeout Posted January 25, 2017 Paid Members Posted January 25, 2017 Where would be the best place to download the rey emulator image if you didn't have access to torrents......asking for a friend Quote
Keith Houchen Posted January 25, 2017 Posted January 25, 2017 All this talk of old games magazines has reminded me of one of the greatest things to ever appear on television - the Gamesmaster "Dave Perry Incident". Journo Dave had written an article making a big deal about not playing the N64 until it was officially released in the UK, and then found himself having to play Mario 64 (before it was out in the UK) for a challenge on Gamesmaster. He lost, claimed he'd been set up, had a sulk and never appeared on the show again. Fantastic stuff, and hilariously uncomfortable to watch. Let's all have a right good chuckle at the silly old tit getting stroppy! There was talk of this before about this. Might have even been in this thread but I'm not sure. He knew the shortcut, went for it and fucked up. The twat. Quote
Retro Red Posted January 25, 2017 Posted January 25, 2017 Where would be the best place to download the rey emulator image if you didn't have access to torrents......asking for a friend Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted January 26, 2017 Paid Members Posted January 26, 2017 Emuparadise might have it as well. Quote
Paid Members Bettencourt Posted January 26, 2017 Paid Members Posted January 26, 2017 Well I may have been a little premature when I berated and belittled an innocent Chinese eBay seller due to my suspicion that he sold me a counterfeit MicroSD card. The issue was that it was 128GB card and only had a capacity of 2MB. I bought a totally legit one from Amazon the other day and it's exactly the same. My wait for Rey's image goes on. Quote
Merzbow Posted January 26, 2017 Posted January 26, 2017 There's probably a formatting problem going on there, I'd doubt they're both fake. Quote
Paid Members Bettencourt Posted January 26, 2017 Paid Members Posted January 26, 2017 There's probably a formatting problem going on there, I'd doubt they're both fake. I feel so bad for the eBay seller. Quote
Merzbow Posted January 26, 2017 Posted January 26, 2017 https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/installation/sdxc_formatting.md Try this, I mean they could be fucked but often you can bring them back to life. Hopefully the seller doesn't have a clue what you said.. Quote
Guest Posted January 26, 2017 Posted January 26, 2017 Or at least always had the same suspicions about his mother. Quote
King of Hamptons Posted January 26, 2017 Posted January 26, 2017 (edited) Http://www.oldgamemags.comthis site may be of some use to you all if you weren't already aware of it. Absolutely brilliant !! Cheers Edited January 26, 2017 by King of Hamptons Quote
David Posted January 26, 2017 Posted January 26, 2017 What gaming magazines did everyone buy? I was a big fan of Total! and still have all the issues to this day. Maybe showing my age here, but how many people remember this magazine? Quote
Abe_Knuckleball_Schwartz Posted January 26, 2017 Posted January 26, 2017 What gaming magazines did everyone buy? I was a big fan of Total! and still have all the issues to this day. Maybe showing my age here, but how many people remember this magazine? Indeed! a great magazine, they still go for a pretty sum on eBay. Im into collecting old games magazine and these always seem to go for ridiculous prices. Quote
Paid Members Bettencourt Posted January 26, 2017 Paid Members Posted January 26, 2017 Well I may have been a little premature when I berated and belittled an innocent Chinese eBay seller due to my suspicion that he sold me a counterfeit MicroSD card. The issue was that it was 128GB card and only had a capacity of 2MB. I bought a totally legit one from Amazon the other day and it's exactly the same. My wait for Rey's image goes on. If you didn't use this before, format your card with this. Keep all the default options: https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/ I did indeed try that. No idea what the problem was. I went into command prompt on another PC and erased the partitions there and re-formatted it. Seems to have fixed it. However I think it may have originally been a problem with my card reader on the PC that the image and everything is on as I couldn't reconnect it. Because I'm a home network dunce, I've spent most of the evening transferring over the zip files via a USB stick onto the PC that the SD card works on. What a faff. It's now writing though. Hopefully have a good, working system for the weekend. Quote
HeavyT Posted January 27, 2017 Posted January 27, 2017 What gaming magazines did everyone buy? I was a big fan of Total! and still have all the issues to this day. Maybe showing my age here, but how many people remember this magazine? Indeed! a great magazine, they still go for a pretty sum on eBay. Im into collecting old games magazine and these always seem to go for ridiculous prices. We I was a kid my uncle gave me about 30 old issues of this... They ended up in a right state with me being a stupid 10 year old Possibly even issue 1. I wish I still had them all! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.