Paid Members BigJag Posted February 26, 2017 Paid Members Posted February 26, 2017 Scratch DJ knows his stuff. That gaming night in Cambridge looks very tempting. Quote
RancidPunx Posted March 1, 2017 Posted March 1, 2017 Sorry to be such a total numbnuts but The raspberry pi solution seems perfect for my retro gaming needs. Just to clarify; I need a Rasberry pi 3 I need a micro sd card that has over 120GB capacity I need reys torrent I have my ps 4 controllers which I assume I can pair with it. Am I missing anything huge? How likely is it that other PSX titles will be added. I've me a hankering to have the lads round for a wipeout 2098 marathon Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted March 1, 2017 Paid Members Posted March 1, 2017 When you get a raspberry Pi, make sure you buy a pack with a power supply. They don't all come with them. Quote
RancidPunx Posted March 1, 2017 Posted March 1, 2017 Perfect, Don't suppose you have a link to said power supply. This seems like a too good to be true setup. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted March 1, 2017 Paid Members Posted March 1, 2017 Gaming Historian on Youtube is pretty good as well. Quote
Abe_Knuckleball_Schwartz Posted March 1, 2017 Posted March 1, 2017 Sorry to be such a total numbnuts but The raspberry pi solution seems perfect for my retro gaming needs. Just to clarify; I need a Rasberry pi 3 I need a micro sd card that has over 120GB capacity I need reys torrent I have my ps 4 controllers which I assume I can pair with it. Am I missing anything huge? How likely is it that other PSX titles will be added. I've me a hankering to have the lads round for a wipeout 2098 marathon Im struggling to configure mine with my PS4 controllers. I did get Reys Image (Retro Arch) off a friend who was using a SNES USB controller, so I am guessing that is the reason why. Quote
CAREBEAR LUVVA Posted March 1, 2017 Posted March 1, 2017 The Raspberry Pi can be an absolute bitch to configure. Save yourself hours of headaches by just using your laptop. Quote
Retro Red Posted March 1, 2017 Posted March 1, 2017 Sorry to be such a total numbnuts but The raspberry pi solution seems perfect for my retro gaming needs. Just to clarify; I need a Rasberry pi 3 I need a micro sd card that has over 120GB capacity I need reys torrent I have my ps 4 controllers which I assume I can pair with it. Am I missing anything huge? How likely is it that other PSX titles will be added. I've me a hankering to have the lads round for a wipeout 2098 marathon The PSX titles seem to be limited in number due to size constraints so I can't see more getting added (although there are 200gb images out there but the price of 256gb Micro SD cards are upwards of £100 at the moment). It's possible to do it yourself with some research though, swapping out games you don't want for ones you do, I'm using the Madlittlepixel 128gb image and replaced some of the Dreamcast games on it without too much hassle. Quote
Paid Members BigJag Posted March 4, 2017 Paid Members Posted March 4, 2017 I've got an Original XBox related question. Does a HDMI lead exist for the XBox. I've done Google search. No luck. Quote
CAREBEAR LUVVA Posted March 4, 2017 Posted March 4, 2017 (edited) Nope. You can get an adapter to enable you to plug the Scart socket into an HDMI port but it won't upscale the picture or anything like that as far as I'm aware. Edited March 4, 2017 by CAREBEAR LUVVA Quote
Paid Members BigJag Posted March 4, 2017 Paid Members Posted March 4, 2017 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/270920776432?lpid=122&chn=ps&adgroupid=35352091421&rlsatarget=pla-278386771131&adtype=pla&poi=&googleloc=9046181&device=m&campaignid=738466455&crdt=0&ul_ref=http%253A%252F%252Frover.ebay.com%252Frover%252F1%252F710-134428-41853-0%252F2%253Fmtid%253D1673%2526kwid%253D1%2526crlp%253D172719294431_563391%2526itemid%253D270920776432%2526targetid%253D278386771131%2526device%253Dm%2526mpre%253Dhttp%25253a%25252f%25252fwww.ebay.co.uk%25252fitm%25252flike%25252f270920776432%25253flpid%25253d122%252526chn%25253Dps%2526adtype%253Dpla%2526googleloc%253D9046181%2526poi%253D%2526campaignid%253D738466455%2526adgroupid%253D35352091421%2526rlsatarget%253Dpla-278386771131%2526gclid%253DCjwKEAiA6OnFBRDcgt7YmPKI33ESJACJoTJYj01K13jNqkWAuPLbFVsh4e2gemrEVZ4aOIRH5Mf1XRoC2j_w_wcB%2526srcrot%253D710-134428-41853-0%2526rvr_id%253D1177227386906 Will this do the job? Excuse the stupidly large link. Quote
Paid Members Arch Stanton Posted March 4, 2017 Paid Members Posted March 4, 2017 Anybody else excited for Ron Gilbert's Thimbleweed Park? Out at the end of this month. Quote
CAREBEAR LUVVA Posted March 4, 2017 Posted March 4, 2017 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/270920776432?lpid=122&chn=ps&adgroupid=35352091421&rlsatarget=pla-278386771131&adtype=pla&poi=&googleloc=9046181&device=m&campaignid=738466455&crdt=0&ul_ref=http%253A%252F%252Frover.ebay.com%252Frover%252F1%252F710-134428-41853-0%252F2%253Fmtid%253D1673%2526kwid%253D1%2526crlp%253D172719294431_563391%2526itemid%253D270920776432%2526targetid%253D278386771131%2526device%253Dm%2526mpre%253Dhttp%25253a%25252f%25252fwww.ebay.co.uk%25252fitm%25252flike%25252f270920776432%25253flpid%25253d122%252526chn%25253Dps%2526adtype%253Dpla%2526googleloc%253D9046181%2526poi%253D%2526campaignid%253D738466455%2526adgroupid%253D35352091421%2526rlsatarget%253Dpla-278386771131%2526gclid%253DCjwKEAiA6OnFBRDcgt7YmPKI33ESJACJoTJYj01K13jNqkWAuPLbFVsh4e2gemrEVZ4aOIRH5Mf1XRoC2j_w_wcB%2526srcrot%253D710-134428-41853-0%2526rvr_id%253D1177227386906 Will this do the job? Excuse the stupidly large link. It's a 360 cable, that. Quote
King Coconut Posted March 5, 2017 Posted March 5, 2017 There's a component cable for the Xbox that'll deliver a HD picture. You could put that through an HDMI adapter. Quote
Paid Members BigJag Posted March 5, 2017 Paid Members Posted March 5, 2017 (edited) Thanks for the help. I'm trying to connect my original X Box to a HDMI TV. I could also use RCA or component connections. It'd be neater if I could use HDMI. I have a load of emulators on the X Box. I have the standard RCA yellow plug (video), red and white plugs (audio) cable. That won't allow me to send the signal down a HDMI lead, will it? Would this be the component cable you mentioned? Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.ca/itm/132115401630 After reading about it online. I'm thinking it'll be simpler to just extend the existing RCA cable. Would there be any benefit in using an extended component cable? Edited March 5, 2017 by BigJag Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.