Jump to content

The UKFF Retro Gaming Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

Does anyone know if there's a resource for retro game audio files, that can be used as phone alerts? You know. The type of thing that will highlight my nerdiness(coolness).

Posted

The Zedge android app (not sure if there's an iOS one too) has a heap of video game ringtones and effects amongst the other guff

Posted
8 hours ago, BigJag said:

Does anyone know if there's a resource for retro game audio files, that can be used as phone alerts? You know. The type of thing that will highlight my nerdiness(coolness).

Ringtone Designer Pro on iPhone lets you create/edit a ringtone/text tone if you've got an MP3 of whatever your wanting

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Right, I have a Raspberry Pi (1, I believe). I have a 16gb SD card. I want to play Mega Drive & SNES games on it. How do I do that? I need a step by step complete dummies guide if possible.

I also have this controller: https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Controllers/EasySMX-Wireless-Controller-Support-Windows-Portable-Joystick/B01KV7B2CG/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1495659311&sr=8-11&keywords=gaming+controller

Will that work with the Raspberry Pi? If not, what are the cheap alternatives? Preferably wireless.

Edited by Steve Justice
Missed a bit.
  • Paid Members
Posted

You should have just bought one that's pre-loaded with stuff. Getting a straight answer from anyone about how to set them up yourself is impossible. I bought one off eBay and it's super.

Posted
17 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

You should have just bought one that's pre-loaded with stuff. Getting a straight answer from anyone about how to set them up yourself is impossible. I bought one off eBay and it's super.

How much did that set you back?

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

How much did that set you back?

£140. It's got Kodi on it as well but no idea how to use it. It's got all the 8bit and 16bit emulators as well as the most recent MAME. It's a 32gb one.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Dave Perry showing a humble side?  Is that one of the four signs of the apocalypse?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...