The UKFF Retro Gaming Thread

patiirc

Marko's Magic Football. There's a game that's been unfairly forgotten. Maybe if he'd punted an American football at the baddies we'd be hearing his name more often.

The closest thing, which is not very close at all but still a good game, that I've encountered is Tennis in the Face, where you stand still and aim a tennis ball so that it ricochets around a screen of 2D platforms to wipe out as many of the bad guys in one shot as you can. Available on Steam, Mac, Android, iOS, Windows Phone, PS4, PS3, Vita, Xbox One,

I was actually playing Hurricanes (based on the cartoon in the 90's about a footb... Sorry, SOCCER team) for the SNES last night. It's a similar concept to Marco's Magic Football where you're kicking the ball at enemies, but the gameplay is shoddy at best. I did however get a kick out if when you land on something spikey, your ball pops and floats away until you get a new one. Lovely touch. 

Christ, I used to love Hurricanes when I was a kid, "Storm time is coming to you today!". They always seemed to be playing AC Milan for some reason, the Kofi vs. Ziggler of its day. And there must have been dodgy registrations going on as I'm sure you were still only allowed two overseas players in the side

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

Wasn't there a similar game called Soccer Kid as well or was it just an alternative title?

Has anyone got any experience of EverDrive cartridges?

My wife recently bought me one of the Sega Mega Drives by AT Games with the games built into the system, and while there are some some really good games on there, there are also some absolute shockers. I've found an EverDrive carriage which 600 games on it, and while I would imagine that will also feature a lot of filler stuff, it does say it comes with all the major titles that you would want

The one I found, on Tom's Retro Shack (https://www.tomsretroshack.com/collections/retrogames/products/at-games-mega-expert-passport-everdrive-for-at-games-console) is specified as one for the one by AT Games. It has diagrams on how to set it up.

I was just wondering if anyone uses them or not and if it's a decent enough alternative. I'm a casual retro gamer at best. The AT system has poor sound, which I had read alot about in reviews for it, but I can live it so long as the games are at least playable

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Oh that's one I've not seen before but the actual EverDrives are very good indeed, the seller shouldn't really be using that name for this. A quick look into this and it seems decent enough, you cant save in game but most MD games don't even have a save feature.

You are paying £30 extra for the roms/whatever SD is in there tho, but I guess that makes things much easier.

Edited by Merzbow

• Paid Members

Heads up that the annual North East Retro Games (NERG) will be on in gateshead on 1st and 2nd of July.

This will be my 5th and it's great. It's moving back to the stadium this year which is by far the better venue of the two that's been used to date. 

Anyone else going this year?

http://www.northeastretrogaming.com

• Paid Members

I went last year and while I enjoyed the arcade games, the pinball was mostly repairs and anyone who paid some of the prices for games are mental.

Not 100% on this year but we'll see. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-4-9 at 8:33 PM, Teedy Kay said:

Is this the badger I've seen being placed into an unwanted NES cartridge?

Apologies, l just logged in and saw the notification!

No, it's not. These are put together by an arcade head on the isle of white.