The UKFF Retro Gaming Thread

patiirc

• Paid Members

The issue you'd have with buying an old SNES is getting all the games you want to play. The cartridges can be quite expensive, depending upon which game you're after.

Unfortunately emulation does require some technical/computer knowledge. I'm pretty sure that the knowledgeable fellows in this thread would be happy to help you through what can be a daunting minefield. Don't worry the mines are harmless. You won't lose any limbs.

Edited by BigJag

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Daaaaaad! said:

On a related note, Nintendo are cancelling the Classic NES Mini, because they hate money. 

They probably realised they can make more money selling the stuff on there ROM by ROM on the Switch virtual console.

1 hour ago, Abe_Knuckleball_Schwartz said:

Thanks, read somewhere about them all being different files to ISO's so was unsure if I needed to convert them first.

I think aslong as they're ISO or Bin/Cue you'll be fine but ImgBurn will likely burn other formats too. There's a good zone for ISO's where I often get mine from, or there's an emulation paradise somewhere around the web.

Any fans of the old Jumping Flash! series? I've been playing 2 again on the PSP I'd kill for a modern take with proper analog controls.

15 hours ago, Merzbow said:

There's speculation that it's due to the console being hacked so early, you're easily able to pack it full of roms. Roms that Ninty want to sell you later.

I don't buy that. You can pack anything full of ROMs these days - taking their own particular device off the market isn't going to make a dent. It just means those interested in emulation are going to spend their initial outlay on somebody else's hardware instead of Nintendo's.