Jump to content

The UKFF Retro Gaming Thread


Recommended Posts

Posted

Oh it's nothing like 7 at all.

I do love 7 tho, everything before leaving Midgar is perfection and hits so many notes for me, it started my love for cyberpunkish and dystopian worlds.

Posted

Thanks for all the great suggestions in regard to the Gamecube question. I've been looking into Dolphin - It seems you can run it on Android? I'm planning on buying a decent android tv box for running kodi etc when I'm back at uni. Gonna see if it'll handle running Dolphin etc. Should do - Looking at the xiaomi mi tv box which is one of the higher spec ones. So might be a good all round purchase :)

Posted
On 21/07/2017 at 3:23 PM, Merzbow said:

Maybe buy a Wii for less than 20 quid, it plays all Gamecube discs and is reasonably easy to hack so you can play any you don't own too. Oh and you have all the Wii games too, including a better Mario Kart and the Galaxy games which are so amazing they piss on the already great Sunshine.

Do you rekon the Wii is a better option then a raspberry pi running retropie? I'd like to play PS1 games too on the console do you know if any PlayStation or similar offbrand controllers are compatible if the PS1 games do work?

Posted
3 minutes ago, Bradyisgod22 said:

Do you rekon the Wii is a better option then a raspberry pi running retropie? I'd like to play PS1 games too on the console do you know if any PlayStation or similar offbrand controllers are compatible if the PS1 games do work?

A Pi3 is better for running PS1 games, I havent had a single problem so far and I've been playing some real obscure titles, the Wii struggles with a fair few and many just won't work at all.

Retropie will work with a ps3/4 pad right out of the box too.

Posted
5 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

A Pi3 is better for running PS1 games, I havent had a single problem so far and I've been playing some real obscure titles, the Wii struggles with a fair few and many just won't work at all.

Retropie will work with a ps3/4 pad right out of the box too.

Cheers mate. That's what I thought.Think it's going to be a pi for me!

Posted

It's a bit of a faff, you have to use a SD card which you copy the games onto from your PC, then 'install' them onto your Wii U, also need to get an external hard drive, and it should be a powered drive and not a portable one (as the Wii U doesn't provide enough extra power to run a portable drive). Not complicated and there's a program for the PC to download all the games from just time consuming.

Posted

The original Wii has been time consuming just learning about it. I just want something that looks a bit better than the Wii with more modern games, but still capable of emulating. Seems the best option. 

I can handle fiddly. I don't like over complicated though. 

Posted

I'm the same, I did the 3DS previously and that took several hours to hack, the Wii U took less than 1. The website wiiu dot guide should tell you all you need.

Posted

Recently been playing through smackdown 2 KYR again after some years, pure fun. 

:D

Posted (edited)

OK. I'm completely losing my shit over this. Does anyone know how I add this to the Genesis Wii emulator? There is a download link in the comments section, but they're all .bin files and I have no idea what to do from there.

 

Edited by Steve Justice

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...