The UKFF Retro Gaming Thread

patiirc

Thanks for all the great suggestions in regard to the Gamecube question. I've been looking into Dolphin - It seems you can run it on Android? I'm planning on buying a decent android tv box for running kodi etc when I'm back at uni. Gonna see if it'll handle running Dolphin etc. Should do - Looking at the xiaomi mi tv box which is one of the higher spec ones. So might be a good all round purchase :)

On 21/07/2017 at 3:23 PM, Merzbow said:

Maybe buy a Wii for less than 20 quid, it plays all Gamecube discs and is reasonably easy to hack so you can play any you don't own too. Oh and you have all the Wii games too, including a better Mario Kart and the Galaxy games which are so amazing they piss on the already great Sunshine.

Do you rekon the Wii is a better option then a raspberry pi running retropie? I'd like to play PS1 games too on the console do you know if any PlayStation or similar offbrand controllers are compatible if the PS1 games do work?

3 minutes ago, Bradyisgod22 said:

Do you rekon the Wii is a better option then a raspberry pi running retropie? I'd like to play PS1 games too on the console do you know if any PlayStation or similar offbrand controllers are compatible if the PS1 games do work?

A Pi3 is better for running PS1 games, I havent had a single problem so far and I've been playing some real obscure titles, the Wii struggles with a fair few and many just won't work at all.

Retropie will work with a ps3/4 pad right out of the box too.

5 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

A Pi3 is better for running PS1 games, I havent had a single problem so far and I've been playing some real obscure titles, the Wii struggles with a fair few and many just won't work at all.

Retropie will work with a ps3/4 pad right out of the box too.

Cheers mate. That's what I thought.Think it's going to be a pi for me!

It's a bit of a faff, you have to use a SD card which you copy the games onto from your PC, then 'install' them onto your Wii U, also need to get an external hard drive, and it should be a powered drive and not a portable one (as the Wii U doesn't provide enough extra power to run a portable drive). Not complicated and there's a program for the PC to download all the games from just time consuming.