Jump to content

The UKFF Retro Gaming Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Considering it's been sold out everywhere since day dot, what kind of sales would it take for you to consider it not a fuck up?

Fair point, but of course it was going to sell out. There were minuscule stocks in the UK, on the lead up to Christmas. Retro gaming is still having it's massive resurgence and Nintendo jumped all over it.

 

However, the machine itself and what it offers isn't very good. It looks nice, but with no way to play additional games, the shockingly small control lead and no plug (only lead), it's something I consider poor.

 

Edit - just seen others post the same above.

 

Pitcos - do you have one, or played one yet? If so what do you think of it so far?

The couple of people I know bought them as collectors and have other means of playing the games, so it's more a display item for them now.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi
Posted

For those who have been dipping into the Raspberry Pi for their retro gaming, I recommend getting a 128gb memory card and an image to write to it called 'Rey's 128gb image' (for googling purposes). Only needs a little tweaking which there are full tutorials for, and is fully loaded with every console up to and including some PS1 stuff, plus a full arcade set as well. Also, it has the new attract mode overlay built in which turns your pie into this beautiful looking thing.

 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Fantastic work scratch. Looks amazing! And here's me cross with my 3DS that shuts down when you open it more than 90 degrees.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I'm selling some bits and I've been asked for a rough asking price, can any one here help provide a rough guide.

 

I have the following:

 

Amstrad CPC with Green Screen

Atari 2600

Xbox

Snes with box (inc 2 official controllers and some scratch damage to the on off switch.)

Mega drive with 3 official controllers

 

Then a bunch of games for them, some boxed some not.

 

Many thanks for any help any one can offer.

Posted

I'm selling some bits and I've been asked for a rough asking price, can any one here help provide a rough guide.

 

I have the following:

 

Amstrad CPC with Green Screen

Atari 2600

Xbox

Snes with box (inc 2 official controllers and some scratch damage to the on off switch.)

Mega drive with 3 official controllers

 

Then a bunch of games for them, some boxed some not.

 

Many thanks for any help any one can offer.

What snes box is it and what games? Values are quite broad on retro stuff.

 

For the rest Megadrive unboxed £25 Xbox unboxed £15-20 cpc is around £50-70 Atari £40-60

  • Paid Members
Posted

Thanks foe the information, it is really appreciated. I've got some photos, I'll see I I can add them to an imgur album tomorrow night and share the link.

Posted

Great work on the Gameboy. The Raspberry Pi mod looks cool too. As for a boxed SNES CEX buy them in for £59. I'd try and sell it via EBay or find a retro collector as I think it's worth more than what CEX are paying. Condition also will up the value. If the box is in pristine quality or very good condition that would up the value tenfold with collectors.

Posted

Put a Mega Drive emulator on my DS last night, loaded it up with the Sonic, Golden Axe and Streets of Rage series, with a few other gems such as Altered Beast for good measure. Suddenly it doesn't seem so bad to have 2+ hour commutes a few times a week.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...