The UKFF Retro Gaming Thread

patiirc

• Paid Members

Considering it's been sold out everywhere since day dot, what kind of sales would it take for you to consider it not a fuck up?

Fair point, but of course it was going to sell out. There were minuscule stocks in the UK, on the lead up to Christmas. Retro gaming is still having it's massive resurgence and Nintendo jumped all over it.

However, the machine itself and what it offers isn't very good. It looks nice, but with no way to play additional games, the shockingly small control lead and no plug (only lead), it's something I consider poor.

Edit - just seen others post the same above.

Pitcos - do you have one, or played one yet? If so what do you think of it so far?

The couple of people I know bought them as collectors and have other means of playing the games, so it's more a display item for them now.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

For those who have been dipping into the Raspberry Pi for their retro gaming, I recommend getting a 128gb memory card and an image to write to it called 'Rey's 128gb image' (for googling purposes). Only needs a little tweaking which there are full tutorials for, and is fully loaded with every console up to and including some PS1 stuff, plus a full arcade set as well. Also, it has the new attract mode overlay built in which turns your pie into this beautiful looking thing.

• Paid Members

I'm selling some bits and I've been asked for a rough asking price, can any one here help provide a rough guide.

I have the following:

Amstrad CPC with Green Screen

Atari 2600

Xbox

Snes with box (inc 2 official controllers and some scratch damage to the on off switch.)

Mega drive with 3 official controllers

Then a bunch of games for them, some boxed some not.

Many thanks for any help any one can offer.

I'm selling some bits and I've been asked for a rough asking price, can any one here help provide a rough guide.

I have the following:

Amstrad CPC with Green Screen

Atari 2600

Xbox

Snes with box (inc 2 official controllers and some scratch damage to the on off switch.)

Mega drive with 3 official controllers

Then a bunch of games for them, some boxed some not.

Many thanks for any help any one can offer.

What snes box is it and what games? Values are quite broad on retro stuff.

For the rest Megadrive unboxed £25 Xbox unboxed £15-20 cpc is around £50-70 Atari £40-60

Great work on the Gameboy. The Raspberry Pi mod looks cool too. As for a boxed SNES CEX buy them in for £59. I'd try and sell it via EBay or find a retro collector as I think it's worth more than what CEX are paying. Condition also will up the value. If the box is in pristine quality or very good condition that would up the value tenfold with collectors.

• Paid Members

https://m.facebook.com/RevivalRetroEvents/photos/gm.837921189679260/1232958836794900/?type=3&source=44

Link for a retro event at Walsall FC in May.

Tommy. You could try asking the guys at the link below. It's a place I'm going to check out some time soon. It's within walking distance of me. I really have no excuse to not go.

http://www.retrocomputermuseum.co.uk