Wrestling Books

Bring Back Minipops

I have the Backlund one on order, really not sure what to expect from it as I don't know much about Backlund as a person away from the ring but I'm sure because of his history and through his runs in different eras/territories/promotions the book will be pretty insightful and interesting. I'll post a full review once I'm finished reading it.

• Awards Moderator

Quick heads-up. The 50 years of WWE book is on sale for £6 in WH Smiths at the moment. They're giving away a free card for 20% starting next Monday too. So you could pick it up for £4.80. Pretty good bargain for a nice hardback book.

Thanks for this, picked one up this morning. Looks like it'll be a good fun read for something that's only a couple of quid more than a magazine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Has anyone read/viewed the Andre book. I had a quick flick through it in Forbidden Planet the other day. It's been done in a graphic novel style. Very comic art heavy, and paperback. I was tempted to pick it up. Thought I'd get some feedback from here first. It cost £12.99.

Has anyone read/viewed the Andre book. I had a quick flick through it in Forbidden Planet the other day. It's been done in a graphic novel style. Very comic art heavy, and paperback. I was tempted to pick it up. Thought I'd get some feedback from here first. It cost £12.99.

I've got the graphic novel. I don't know the proper definition of a graphic novel, I'd just called this a comic book in paperback form. I think it's okay, it just runs through some well know Andre stories in comic form. It was short and okay, but I'd already heard almost all of the stories.

There's a similar looking one coming out this year, Andre The Giant: Closer To Heaven. It just looks the same TBH.

I have just ordered Lou Thesz book 'Hooker' heard and read some excellent reviews, so really looking forward to it being delivered. I just finished ready a book on Gorgeous George was was very very interesting and he was not at all how I imagined he would be as person outside the ring. Well worth reading if you have a chance!

Edited by C-Rock

• Paid Members

I've got the graphic novel. I don't know the proper definition of a graphic novel, I'd just called this a comic book in paperback form. I think it's okay, it just runs through some well know Andre stories in comic form. It was short and okay, but I'd already heard almost all of the stories.

There's a similar looking one coming out this year, Andre The Giant: Closer To Heaven. It just looks the same TBH.

I've not read the one that's already out, but got a review copy of Closer to Heaven and as far as I can tell it's a lot better: http://www.prowrestlingbooks.com/andre-the-giant-closer-to-heaven-by-brandon-m-easton-denis-medri/

Edited by JNLister

• 4 weeks later...