Wrestling Books

Bring Back Minipops

Jake Roberts is proof reading his autobiography and he wants it released soon. This is a book I have been praying for and it should be an incredible and interesting read, I just hope Jake has a strong memory and doesn't gloss over his rivalries and in ring stuff in favour of stories regarding his battles with various demons outside the ring. I'm not to worried however, if Jake can deliver his stories on paper the way he does when speaking with that tangible subtle intensity that really has you gripped to every word...then this book could quiet easily be the best wrestling autobiography ever released.

Pat Patterson is also in the very early stages of releasing his autobiography, again this should be a fantastic read filled with cracking tales of the territories, life on the road and backstage shananigans. Pattersons career has spanned many decades and is one of a few wrestlers who have been around through various roles backstage from the territory days to the 2000's. Another book I will definitely have to buy when its released.

• Paid Members

The likes of Jake Roberts, I imagine, their books would only be worth reading if he told the truth. And I dont believe he will. I want to know about the time his snakes mouth rotted away because he stopped feeding it or Skull Murphy threatening to stab him because Jake didnt want to pay anyone for shows he'd promoted. Jake Roberts stories are best told from a different party, and not from his end.

• Paid Members

I agree, I'd have no faith in Jake's book being amazing, because his primary source material is totally unreliable and it's just no fun reading great stories when there's so much doubt about their truthfulness. Patterson, on the other hand, ought to put out an excellent autobiography. 

I never considered that Jake would be un-truthful and it saddens me that you may be right, I always considered Jake to be somebody who tells I like it is and is brutally honest, at this stage in his life and career in hoping that he doesn't hold back because he has nothing to loose by being honest and admitting his faults which I cant help feeling he will in this book. Jake through his struggles and battles with various demons doesn't seem to be the type to be in denial that he is a saint. I really think this book could go very deep and dark if Jake really bares his soul on to the pages.

Iv never watched any of his shoot interviews (or anybody else for that matter) but I did have the some what of a dis-pleasure of being on a tour of Scotland with him some years back, he was a drunken mess they entire time but with that said his mind and story telling had me gripped so even then he was captivating. That was the same tour he got in to an altercation with Alex Shane and Alex slapped him across the face and knocked him back in to his chair leaving Jake a bubbling/crying mess, there saw a highlight video of the tour on youtube, you can witness the mess he was. I couldn't be any happier to have seen him turn his life around and get himself back on track.

Edited by C-Rock

A biography of Jake would be amazing, no doubt. I just cant see Jake telling the story of pissing in a pint glass and making his UKFF Shitarse girlfriend drink it or the time he lost a hair match for huge money in Mexico and spent the lot in a strip club the same night.

I need to hear the story behind that.

• 4 weeks later...

Just finished the Gary Hart book. I didnt really know too much of his work due to only really watching wwf growing up, but he certainly lived a pretty interesting life! No idea he had such an influential role in the development of the Great Muta, and the behind the scenes stuff from Wccw is always a good read.

There is also almost a whole chapter dedicated to exposing some of Meltzers lies, and exposing a few of the folks he thinks might have been sources....have any of Meltzers sources ever been revealed?

Also recently read the Harvey Wippleman/Downtown Bruno book, which had some good stories about The Rock and Sid, but his ego gets in the way a lot of the time....

Maybe his Harvey Wippleman stuff wasnt as good as his earlier work but i never really thought he was anything special?

He managed in wwf from early 91 til late 95 and yet i cant really think of any angles he was influential in

Edited by TibBo