Wrestling Books

Bring Back Minipops

On the subject of books, I was just wondering around Liverpool today and stumbled upon a Chris Jericho book signing I didn't know was taking place.  Sadly by the time I got there they weren't letting anyone else join the que, and his book was sold out.  Really could have done with that book for the train journey home tomorrow!  Is it even out yet officially here?  No other shops have it.

Not sure about shops, but I got it delivered from Amazon last week so it's definitely passed its official release date.

On the subject of books, I was just wondering around Liverpool today and stumbled upon a Chris Jericho book signing I didn't know was taking place.  Sadly by the time I got there they weren't letting anyone else join the que, and his book was sold out.  Really could have done with that book for the train journey home tomorrow!  Is it even out yet officially here?  No other shops have it.

Yeah, it's out, but the nearest Waterstones to Liverpool that has it is Bolton. I'm not sure if it's a fairly limited run or if loads of copies were sent to the branch with the signing. Might be worth ringing some other WH Smiths (assuming you checked the city centre ones). Failing that, I don't think you'll get it in time for the train tomorrow, but you can get it from Amazon etc no bother. Or if you've got a kindle or tablet, you could get it for that.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished kanyons book. Good book but the ghost writer is a fucking moron no idea how half the errors got past quality control? Things like talking about Rey mysterio being heavily tattooed when he first came in from Mexico and Jim Mitchell managing tajiri in the invasion.

Edited by scotty_1120

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know when that WCW book is supposed to be out over here? I pre ordered on Amazon, it says publication date 20th Nov,but says usually delivered within 5-7 weeks.

Is it in stock anywhere.

Got mine today. Looking forward to reading it.

Yup. Got mine Monday. They sent the Hardcover one instead lol. Halfway through and I've enjoyed it so far.

• Paid Members

Don't know if it's been mentioned here but I just read a graphic novel about the life of Andre the Giant called Andre the Giant: Life and Legend. The foreword introduces the concept of kayfabe and the way pro wrestling works which sets the tone for the comic. The art is very simple and definitely wouldn't be to everyone's tastes but personally I like all different types of illustration and I think it worked with the way the story was told.

The best thing about it is the author wanted to make it as true as possible, in the foreword he even admits that stories about Andre and Hogan are often exaggerated and the truth is cloudy. At the end of the book there is an index citing the origin of every story in the book,they come from sources like Bobby Heenan's book and shoot interviews from the likes of Bad News Brown and one man gang. It's great and it shows the effort the author went to get sources. Even if some of the stories are bound to stretch the truth a little at least they're coming from the horses mouths. Having said that it is just a fairly straightforward bio of Andre and most fans won't really find out anything new but it's fun seeing it told in this medium and Andre was the perfect wrestler to do it with.

12777181604_87bea0ed11_z.jpg

I read an extract, it's the part where he is talking about Womens Wrestling. He essesntialy says Lita had a bit of a ego (his exact words were something like 'nowhere near as good as she thinks she was') and then he says Trish was alright but her relationship with the Rock helped her postion out, implying in as many words there was something going on there

If i'm honest i always suspected she was doing somebody in the early days, just didn't expect the Rock