Wrestling Books

Bring Back Minipops

Just wondering if anyone has read Chris Kanyon's book? Or James Dixon's Titan Sinking: The decline of the WWF in 1995? Or Hart Strings by Julie Hart?

Looking for something a little bit different to read and was wondering if they were any good?

Just wondering if anyone has read Chris Kanyon's book? Or James Dixon's Titan Sinking: The decline of the WWF in 1995? Or Hart Strings by Julie Hart?

Looking for something a little bit different to read and was wondering if they were any good?

I read the sample on my kindle to Titan Sinking and thought it was very good. Enough for me to get it once my other books are done.

Yeah Kanyons books is a pretty enjoyable read.

I've just orderd Capitol Revolution by Tim Hornbaker, I'm really looking forward to reading this book as I really enjoyed his book on the History of the NWA. Also, I think there will be some new insights to learn about the build of Capitol Wrestling and its transition through the years.

Iv also got Harley Race book on order and I'm hoping it's going to be as good as Terry Funks book which has been one of the best autobiographies iv read. I want to find out Harley's view on winning the title from Dory Funk when originally Funk was supposed to drop the title to Jack Brisco.

Has anybody read Superstar Billy Graham's book? I try to avoid books that were published through WWE as they tend to be watered down and not as honest as they could be, especially the writers true feelings in regards to WWE. With that said Freddie Blassie book is excellent and top 3 of the books iv read and that was published through WWE. His love for WWE seems genuine and not forced and the prior chapters all about his career prior to joining WWE feel as though he was given free reign to bash who and what ever he liked which he does and thus makes for some interesting and enjoyable reading. So massive thumps up for that book.

Edited by C-Rock

• Paid Members

Or James Dixon's Titan Sinking: The decline of the WWF in 1995? Or Hart Strings by Julie Hart?

Finished this last week - absolutely loved it! Hard to put down. Go for it.

Yeah Kanyons books is a pretty enjoyable read.

I've just orderd Capitol Revolution by Tim Hornbaker, I'm really looking forward to reading this book as I really enjoyed his book on the History of the NWA. Also, I think there will be some new insights to learn about the build of Capitol Wrestling and its transition through the years.

Iv also got Harley Race book on order and I'm hoping it's going to be as good as Terry Funks book which has been one of the best autobiographies iv read. I want to find out Harley's view on winning the title from Dory Funk when originally Funk was supposed to drop the title to Jack Brisco.

Has anybody read Superstar Billy Graham's book? I try to avoid books that were published through WWE as they tend to be watered down and not as honest as they could be, especially the writers true feelings in regards to WWE. With that said Freddie Blassie book is excellent and top 3 of the books iv read and that was published through WWE. His love for WWE seems genuine and not forced and the prior chapters all about his career prior to joining WWE feel as though he was given free reign to bash who and what ever he liked which he does and thus makes for some interesting and enjoyable reading. So massive thumps up for that book.

I really enjoyed Billy's book. Not much company critical stuff or analysis on him coming out against them in the early nineties, but his stories of his career, which is far more interesting anyway, and his recovery stuff is very good, a worthwhile read.

Read JTGs book last night in an hour - very short, but very funny:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/DAMN-WHY-WRITE-THIS-BOOK-ebook/dp/B00XJ4QZQW/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Disappointed he didn't name names in some cases though...

I don't recall any of the stories where he didn't make it obvious who he was talking about, but it was a few weeks ago I read it. Which ones are you thinking of?

Was it Cena who came into the bathroom and was angry that JTG had dared used the words loyalty and respect? 

If so, Cena is a dick for getting pissed about that and then getting his merchandise cancelled. 

...and was the match where he didn't tap out for ages against Jack Swagger? 

Edited by Metallica

• Paid Members

Read JTGs book last night in an hour - very short, but very funny:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/DAMN-WHY-WRITE-THIS-BOOK-ebook/dp/B00XJ4QZQW/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Disappointed he didn't name names in some cases though...

I don't recall any of the stories where he didn't make it obvious who he was talking about, but it was a few weeks ago I read it. Which ones are you thinking of?

The massage guy, and the headphones guy.

• Paid Members

I assumed the massage guy was Big Show

Yeah, or Mark Henry. 

And the headphones guy? 

And who's the guy who asked him to smuggle weed into the UK? And the guy who took him to wrestlers court for riding his groupie?

I didn't think it was clear who any of these were.

Edited by herbie747

• 2 months later...