Wrestling Books

Bring Back Minipops

• Paid Members

Did you go out your way to find a shit picture to prove your point? That pics atleast 10years old, this is a more current one

fozzy%20-%20chris%20jericho.jpg

That's where I am in his book - he's talking about the Enemy video, and that was the wardrobe they wore in the video. Apologies.

• Paid Members

Although saying that, most wrestling fans seem to have no interest in them either. It's only the obsessive Jericho fans that are into Fozzy, and even only half of them -- the other half are the "stop screwing around with your dumb band, come back and save the world title scene" type. So their fanbase must come from somewhere else too...?

No idea - I was asking out of genuine interest - I don't know enough about them. But I keep looking up stuff on YouTube as he refers to it in his book and they're just generic, middle of the road, glammy rock with clichéd lyrics. So I'm genuinely curious if they have any actual fans who don't know him from wrestling. Playing festivals is moot, because crowds swell at festivals all day depending on time of day, who's up next, who's on in other tents at the same time, etc.

Edited by herbie747

Personally, I've never seen anyone ever be excited about a Fozzy concert without the "OMG got meet & greet tickets for Jericho gonna get him to sign my Y2J shirt!" factor. But even that seems so rare that I just assume they've got fans from elsewhere somehow. I just googled for any music forum discussions about them, but couldn't really find anything within a few minutes. It probably is just wrestling fans that like them.

• Moderators

Did you go out your way to find a shit picture to prove your point? That pics atleast 10years old, this is a more current one

fozzy%20-%20chris%20jericho.jpg

That's still pretty fuckin' terrible. Jericho looks like Bon Jovi or something and the one on the left just looks a normal fella.

• Paid Members

They're a comedy band with no sense awareness. They'd probably be more likable if they embraced the humour, but Jericho seems to think they are these credible artists. Instead of a Stars in Your Eyes version of Skid Row. The whole thing about that music is to achieve commercial success and pretend you dont have it to retain your credibility. Fozzy does the opposite. They pretend they have commercial success when in fact they just hook themselves onto festivals and mini tours because Jericho pays Barry Bloom loads of money to make him a d-lister. Like everything Jericho does, it lives or dies because he's a wrestler. Fuck all to do with his hacky bullshit act.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

They're a comedy band with no sense awareness. They'd probably be more likable if they embraced the humour, but Jericho seems to think they are these credible artists. Instead of a Stars in Your Eyes version of Skid Row. The whole thing about that music is to achieve commercial success and pretend you dont have it to retain your credibility. Fozzy does the opposite. They pretend they have commercial success when in fact they just hook themselves onto festivals and mini tours because Jericho pays Barry Bloom loads of money to make him a d-lister. Like everything Jericho does, it lives or dies because he's a wrestler. Fuck all to do with his hacky bullshit act.

Fully agree - well summarised. Just finished his book, and he really lacks self awareness of how good his band actually is. They're bloody terrible.

• Paid Members

Fozzy are a decent enought live act, they are entertaining. I've always been interested in them because Rich Ward & Frank Fonsere used to play in Stuck Mojo. Ward's a cracking guitar player, he's a much better singer than Jericho too.

After reading his third book Jericho is starting to become the new Mick Foley to me in the sense that he has a greatly over inflated opinion of himself.  How he sees his surprise return at the royal rumble as a fantastic moment is laughable.  He seems to have to convince himself of what he's writing and doesn't grasp the law of diminishing returns.

• Paid Members

After reading his third book Jericho is starting to become the new Mick Foley to me in the sense that he has a greatly over inflated opinion of himself.  How he sees his surprise return at the royal rumble as a fantastic moment is laughable.  He seems to have to convince himself of what he's writing and doesn't grasp the law of diminishing returns.

I enjoy his books more than anyone else's from an entertainment POV. But Jericho is someone I always liked until I got to know him more over the last few years. Between his Podcast, Twitter, and his latest book, I've come to realise he's just an egocentric knob.

As far as wrestling goes, I was always a fan - I did consider him a headliner & top guy, but only when in a program with another top guy. He's botched so many spots in top matches over the years (slipping off the ropes, etc), I just never consider him to be at the elite level. Was always a fan though.

Haven't got round to his third book yet, but yes his band are what they are, and that's a band of a never-will-be rockstar in Rich Ward fronted by a pro wrestler. They will never be a credible band as long as they keep putting 'featuring WWE Superstar Chris Jericho' on everything they do.

As for his audience numbers, that's just typical wrestler exaggeration. I assume the Download appearance he is referring to is 2012 when they played the second stage, which can not accommodate 30,000 spectators, so he's clearly just talking Brutus Beefcake levels of shit rather than admit that his band is a novelty

Edited by WyattSheepMask

I enjoy his books more than anyone else's from an entertainment POV. But Jericho is someone I always liked until I got to know him more over the last few years. Between his Podcast, Twitter, and his latest book, I've come to realise he's just an egocentric knob.

As far as wrestling goes, I was always a fan - I did consider him a headliner & top guy, but only when in a program with another top guy. He's botched so many spots in top matches over the years (slipping off the ropes, etc), I just never consider him to be at the elite level. Was always a fan though.

Was a fan until I read his last book I agree with the egocentric knob analysis. 

Was a fan until I read his last book I agree with the egocentric knob analysis. 

On the subject of books, I was just wondering around Liverpool today and stumbled upon a Chris Jericho book signing I didn't know was taking place.  Sadly by the time I got there they weren't letting anyone else join the que, and his book was sold out.  Really could have done with that book for the train journey home tomorrow!  Is it even out yet officially here?  No other shops have it.