Wrestling Books

Bring Back Minipops

• Paid Members

There's nothing wrong with hunting if you plan on eating it - trophy hunting is for scum though.

HBK is my favourite wrestler of all time, but I have zero interest in this book based on all the lame jesus & god stuff. Any time I hear someone start talking about god & jesus, I instantly lose respect for them.

There's nothing wrong with hunting if you plan on eating it - trophy hunting is for scum though.

Unless you live somewhere without access to supermarkets abundant with food, there is no moral difference between the two. I can't believe people get away with stating this argument so regularly. And that their heads don't explode from the cognitive dissonance.

3/4 through the new Shawn Michaels book. It really isnt worth buying or even reading.

Nothing really new in the book wrestling wise. Few bits where it could get interesting (occasions where his Bible study group would questions things he did on TV like saying damn and the God angle) but the whole thing is skimmed over.

The word Christian is used every 2-3 sentences and an awful lot of references to He and Him. He talks about his wrestling past, but nearly everything is given a biblical meaning. Him being a follower when teaming with Jannetty. His relationships with certain people being part of Gods plan etc.

This sentences sums up the tone of the book.

Being called The Heartbreak Kid, Mr Wrestlemania, and all those other names doesn't even begin to compare to what it feels like to know what the Almighty God who created the universe calls me. His child.

I was just sick in my mouth reading that....

• Paid Members

Unless you live somewhere without access to supermarkets abundant with food, there is no moral difference between the two. I can't believe people get away with stating this argument so regularly. And that their heads don't explode from the cognitive dissonance.

Eh, yeah there is a huge difference. Hunting for food is fine - most of us eat meat; whether we kill it ourselves is irrelevant. I can't go around judging someone who shoots a deer then eats it, when a cow gets a metal rod rammed through its head so I can eat burgers. THAT would be hypocritical.

But simply hunting an endangered species so you can pose beside it like a cunt, or sell its ivory or fur, or get it stuffed to put above your fireplace means you're just pure scum.

Edited by herbie747

Eh, yeah there is a huge difference. Hunting for food is fine - most of us eat meat; whether we kill it ourselves is irrelevant. I can't go around judging someone who shoots a deer then eats it, when a cow gets a metal rod rammed through its head so I can eat burgers. THAT would be hypocritical.

But simply hunting an endangered species so you can pose beside it like a cunt, or sell its ivory or fur, or get it stuffed to put above your fireplace means you're just pure scum.

In both cases you're killing an animal for your pleasure. You have decided that the pleasure of eating an animal is profoundly different to the pleasure of posing with one for a photograph, but it's an arbitrary distinction.

• Paid Members

In both cases you're killing an animal for your pleasure. You have decided that the pleasure of eating an animal is profoundly different to the pleasure of posing with one for a photograph, but it's an arbitrary distinction.

It's a huge distinction. Huge. If you can't understand the difference, you probably need to get checked for an extra chromosome.

Anyway back to wrestling books, I gave Regal's, Foley's first two and Jericho's to the charity shop a couple of years ago and now massively regret it, simply because of how much Regal's goes for on amazon now

Not arsed about Jericho's 2nd though, couldn't believe how much that book put me off him

It's a huge distinction. Huge. If you can't understand the difference, you probably need to get checked for an extra chromosome.

It's a huge distinction if you need to eat the animal for sustenance. If you live in a developed society and can therefore easily sustain yourself without killing the animal then killing it is entirely unnecessary and done purely for your pleasure. There's no moral difference between that and killing it for a photo.

Don't want to shit up the thread further, PM me if you'd like to carry this on.