Wrestling Books

Bring Back Minipops

I have just finished reading Capitol Revolution by Tim Hornbaker and it's close to being the best wrestling related book I have ever read. It's jam packed with history and facts all about how WWE be came what it is today starting with Jess McMahon and the birth of the NWA. The History of WWE DVD that was released recently was excellent I though but after reading Capitol Revolution it made me realise just how much was glossed over on the DVD, the book goes in to depth about key moments in WWE history and reveals on every other page something interesting I never previously knew.

If you have read, National Wrestling Alliance: The Untold Story of the Monopoly That Strangled Professional Wrestling also by Tim Hornbaker then you will know already just how rich his books are with knowledge and historical facts and information, Capitol Revolution is no different but better!

Highly recommended!

Has anyone read the Titan Sinking and Titan Shattered books? It's detailing the WWF in the mid 90s which is when I got back into it after a couple of years off and is obviously around the time WCW were about to launch Nitro

Was actually going to ask the same thing, especially the 95 book. Liked Lister's review, think I may have to bite the bullet and get it, just wondering how much in the book was previously unknown.

Edited by Liam O'Rourke

Thought Bryan's book was alright. Lot of filler kayfabe guff at the start of each chapter which is annoying.

Skipped all of them after about chapter 4. Complete waste of time and won't tell you anything you need to know if you have seen his documentary/blu ray.

There are some really funny bits, and the way he describes his early tenure in WWE is quite interesting. Some of it's a bit laborious, but then he's always very up front about being a simple man just wanting to get on with it. Didn't know he was such great mates with Jamie Noble.

• Paid Members

Has anyone read the Titan Sinking and Titan Shattered books? It's detailing the WWF in the mid 90s which is when I got back into it after a couple of years off and is obviously around the time WCW were about to launch Nitro

I read the 1995 one - brilliant - very interesting - hard to put down!! I actually asked Lister before buying, as I hadn't heard of James Dixon and wanted to makes sure he wasn't just some goof that had his mates giving him good reviews on Amazon, etc.

GET IT!

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Not posted in ages, but im getting back into wrestling now my son if going through his wrestling mega-fandom...

But does anyone know anywhere i could acquire an ebook copy of Dynamite Kids book? 

Picked the Attitude Era book up the other day for £8 from ASDA.

Pretty good read. Runs through top moments and matches etc. Quite a lot of quotes from JR in it as well and contributions from some wrestlers of the time. Not much in it that you wouldnt already know if you had lived through the era but its goood to bring back some memories and relive it.

Year 2000 gets a lot of love matches wise which is good to see, personally thnik 2000 was the best year in the Attitude Era. At that price would recommend it for anyone who lived through the era who wants to read a bit more about it. Doesnt half make you feel nostalgic.

Would love to live through that era again at the age I am now.

Get a free Austin bottle opener with it as well which is nice!

Pretty good read. Runs through top moments and matches etc. Quite a lot of quotes from JR in it as well and contributions from some wrestlers of the time. Not much in it that you wouldnt already know if you had lived through the era but its goood to bring back some memories and relive it.

Year 2000 gets a lot of love matches wise which is good to see, personally thnik 2000 was the best year in the Attitude Era. At that price would recommend it for anyone who lived through the era who wants to read a bit more about it. Doesnt half make you feel nostalgic.

I quite enjoy the wrestling coffee table book type things they've brought out the last couple of years, but I've not got the attitude era one yet. What size Asda did you get it in? Wondering if any round here might have it. Was it with the usual hardback books?

I quite enjoy the wrestling coffee table book type things they've brought out the last couple of years, but I've not got the attitude era one yet. What size Asda did you get it in? Wondering if any round here might have it. Was it with the usual hardback books?

I got it in one of the superstores so Im not sure if all Asda's will have them. Worth a look though, cracking little book to pass the time now and again. Aye it was with all the usual hardbacks, had quite a few when I went in