Wrestling Books

Bring Back Minipops

• Paid Members

Why they don't re-release it i don't know. Austin pushed it last year heavily in his podcast and I thought it would have gone back into print or got an book release.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the new Shawn Michaels book, Wrestling For My Life as a gift this morning. Its 160 pages including introductions, forewords, a few blank pages etc. Certainly no Bret Hart book!

Reckon I can hammer through this book in a few hours, as long as the God stuff doesnt become overbearing, which from a quick scan looks like there is plenty of.

Edited by Krytie 2X4B 523P

3/4 through the new Shawn Michaels book. It really isnt worth buying or even reading.

Nothing really new in the book wrestling wise. Few bits where it could get interesting (occasions where his Bible study group would questions things he did on TV like saying damn and the God angle) but the whole thing is skimmed over.

The word Christian is used every 2-3 sentences and an awful lot of references to He and Him. He talks about his wrestling past, but nearly everything is given a biblical meaning. Him being a follower when teaming with Jannetty. His relationships with certain people being part of Gods plan etc.

This sentences sums up the tone of the book.

Being called The Heartbreak Kid, Mr Wrestlemania, and all those other names doesn't even begin to compare to what it feels like to know what the Almighty God who created the universe calls me. His child.

I refuse to buy his book because i completely disagree with the fact he hunts and kills animals and there's pictures in the book of him posing with the dead animals, in all honesty Shawn is one of the all time great wrestlers no denying that but I'm certainly less of a fan of him because of hunting hobby, I don't know how Christianity works but isn't he killing gods animals and all that? I made a point of stating my opinions on Twitter in regards to my disagreeing with him being a hunter and he replies #idontcare and then blocked me.