Wrestling Books

Bring Back Minipops

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What is Spandex, Screw Jobs and cheap pops like?  Who does it feature? Looking for some holiday reads, I'm torn between this or Daniel Bryans. On the subject of Daniels Bryans does it go into his indy career much? Does it feel honest? And is there much about how he got with Brie? (I have always been intrigued by them because they kinda seem opposites, you would have figured he would have hooked up with some indy starlet rather than a 'diva')

I really enjoyed Bryan's book, found it brutally honest, to the point of being a little sad at times when he talks about his Dad and concussions and seeing how much it was hurting him, especially when you look at what has happened since. He does go into the Brie stuff, talks about them getting together coming out of the storyline when they were competing for his affection. He also does cover the indies, I really loved the stories about him going to HBK's wrestling academy, the road trip to get there is hilarious.

I really enjoyed Bryan's book, found it brutally honest, to the point of being a little sad at times when he talks about his Dad and concussions and seeing how much it was hurting him, especially when you look at what has happened since. He does go into the Brie stuff, talks about them getting together coming out of the storyline when they were competing for his affection. He also does cover the indies, I really loved the stories about him going to HBK's wrestling academy, the road trip to get there is hilarious.

Thanks for the reply. It sounds like a book I would enjoy

• 4 weeks later...

I really enjoyed the Capital Revolution book - nice and easy read.

The History of the NWA book is great but very heavy going. I would recommend the 'Titan Sinking' and 'Titan Shattered' books looking at the 95/96 era of the WWF.

The Death of WCW is another good one. But my favourite wrestling history books are the Memohis ones - great selection. Pick them up here: www.memphiswrestlinghistory.com