Wrestling Books

Bring Back Minipops

Big recommendation for Spandex Ballet from me, but I was going to watch virtually every IWF show between about 2007-2009 and Lee Kyle was always one of my favourites. His move to comedy is unsurprising actually, he was absolutely piss funny to watch even back then. I won't spoil them but some of the backyard names him and his mates had as kids were hilarious and had me laughing out loud. Agree with Lister too, there's a positive level of detachment from wrestling that makes his analysis more interesting than a lot of usual craic.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I have and I recommend it but I did have some issues such as Pat seems to gloss over alot of periods in his life the main one being his time in WWE. He still offers the reader some interesting stories but doesnt divulge much in the way of anything like who he really liked and dislked or his issues with certain people or the company itself. Its almost like Pat didnt want to piss anybody in WWE because of his close connection to the company to this day. He speaks openly and honestly about his sexuality which is inspring and the most enjoyable part of the book. If your looking for interesting tales from a man who spanned many generations in pro wrestling then this books is perfect for you but if your looking for bitching and name bashing then perhaps not.

• Paid Members

Yeah I have and I recommend it but I did have some issues such as Pat seems to gloss over alot of periods in his life the main one being his time in WWE. He still offers the reader some interesting stories but doesnt divulge much in the way of anything like who he really liked and dislked or his issues with certain people or the company itself. Its almost like Pat didnt want to piss anybody in WWE because of his close connection to the company to this day. He speaks openly and honestly about his sexuality which is inspring and the most enjoyable part of the book. If your looking for interesting tales from a man who spanned many generations in pro wrestling then this books is perfect for you but if your looking for bitching and name bashing then perhaps not.

I second this account, very good book. Really interesting but there is no shitting stirring what so ever.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Bought Titan Sinking in paperback but I'm really struggling to enjoy it. The constant explaining of wrestling terms and real names along with side tracks into tales everyone already knows makes it a right slog.

Who is aimed at? It's one of those things that no-one who doesn't know this stuff is buying. Very unnecessary.

• 1 month later...