DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

• Paid Members

When the feds are closing in on Henry, the helicopters either being real or part of his cocaine fulled paranoia? De-Niro possibly going to whack Henry & the downfall of it all with Henry ending up as a rat snitch...fantastic stuff. The posthumous appearance of Joe Pesci at the end shooting at the audience to cap it all off as 'The Sex Pistols' play over the credits. Shit hot.

• Paid Members

My only good memory of that film is where I watched it, not the film itself.

It's basically a reworking of Steve Martin's The Jerk, but where Lemon had already spoilered the shit out of it by doing all the jokes to death on TV.

Taken 2. It was never going to be as good as Taken. Ever. But I still enjoyed this. Yes the kills aren't as hardcore. Yes the multi angle shots of each kill stop it from being as hard hitting. But it's still a pretty good outing, storyline was pretty decent and it was a nice set up. As sequels go, it was a pretty good effort. The whole scene with the grenades and pinpointing his own location was actually my favourite scene. Bryan Mills is fucking awesome.

I'm truly hoping for an unrated version so I can get the kills I wanted, and the film deserved. Fuck the people wanting to cash in on this and make it a 12A.

Edited by Steve Justice

I watched a film called Deep End a few months ago which brillantly atmospheric and odd in equal measures. It's a British film from the seventies which was thought to have been lost but was recently rediscovered. A young man becomes obsessed with his coworker at a swimming baths which leads to various odd situations. Jane Asher is the object of his affection and is absolutely stunning in it. I also watched Rita, Bob and Sue too which I wasn't impressed by.

Edited by BiffingtonClyro

• Paid Members
Something's happened though. The last film in which I thought he was genuinely excellent was the overlooked World's Fastest Indian, but even before then he'd started chewing the scenery.

World's Fastest Indian is fantastic, more people need to see that film.

Hopkins has got a big role playing Alfred Hitchcock coming, be interesting to see how that one pans out.

092012-hitchcock.jpg

• Paid Members

After far too many drinks on Friday I agreed to watch or read Harry Potter and give it a chance. I'd managed to successfully avoid the whole franchise for years. Watched Harry Potter and the Philospher's Stone last night and it was actually not as bad as I thought it'd be. It still had that CBBC drama thing about it but with more money thrown at it. Not sure whether to watch the rest. Any thoughts?

Edited by niff

• Paid Members
When the feds are closing in on Henry, the helicopters either being real or part of his cocaine fulled paranoia?

I think I saw it implied in an Henry Hill interview that the helicopter was genuine, although it could go the other way as Henry's brother couldn't see it when he was in the car, but Karen (who was also heavily into coke at the time) saw it when Henry pointed it out.

I also agree that Karen running from Jimmy was a fantastic scare piece.

After far too many drinks on Friday I agreed to watch or read Harry Potter and give it a chance. I'd managed to successfully avoid the whole franchise for years. Watched Harry Potter and the Philospher's Stone last night and it was actually not as bad as I thought it'd be. It still had that CBBC drama thing about it but with more money thrown at it. Not sure whether to watch the rest. Any thoughts?

I didn't much enjoy the first couple, but from around 4/5 onwards I've really enjoyed the Harry Potter films.

• Paid Members

I didn't much enjoy the first couple, but from around 4/5 onwards I've really enjoyed the Harry Potter films.
Cheers to those who replied, doesn't sound as bad as I'd have thought, especially if the sequels get better with each one!