DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

• Paid Members
Watched 'The Campaign' yesterday, disapointing :(

Galifianakis really is a one trick poney isn't he?

I was brought to see Zero Dark Thirty last night. The tension is absolutely cruel come the final third. I though the final twenty minutes of Argo nearly made me lay an egg, but the final raid in this movie really is something special altogether. So tense, I nearly made my shit come out my mouth. Excellent movie, can't recommend it highly enough.

Jessica Chastain really is incredible also. Very rare - as a male - do I get involved from an audience level with a female lead, but she had me from the off.

1 out of 1 for my tour through Woy's film list of the ones I haven't seen. Bernie was a fucking treat. Easy to forget that Jack Black is a pretty capable actor sometimes. Terrific film.

I just watched it on Netflix too, it's absolutely fantastic. Jack Black is pretty underrated when he's not just playing Jack Black (although that is most of the time admittedly), he really nails it in this. Really enjoyable film. Edited by Harvey Dent

• Paid Members

Watched 'The Campaign' yesterday, disapointing :(

Galifianakis really is a one trick poney isn't he?
No.
His Between Two Ferns are good, especially the one with Bradley Cooper. Even if he is a one trick pony, its still funnier than Stiller who up until Tropic Thunder (which I still can't believe he was behind) hasn't changed for over a decade.

• Paid Members
You misunderstand. I don't believe he has any tricks. He is shit.

He's a good stand up. He seems a very personable, witty guy in podcasts. He's done a lot of shit films.

Here endeth my weighing of his worth to humanity.

Edited by gmoney

• Paid Members

I saw Sightseers a couple of days ago and loved it.

It's a very dark comedy but has a really sharp script and a couple of superb moments of physical comedy. There is a little graphic violence and some comedy violence all of which fits perfectly as the story of empowerment progresses. It's bleak, it's funny and well worth a look.

The Raid. What an amazingly violent brilliant film. Some of the kills made my missus turn away from the screen.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

The kill with the hardcore little guy one on one with the cop was very methodical. The time it took for him to snap his neck you were expecting the cop to get sudden second wind and kill him himself.

Speaking of the little guy, it isn't often you see in a film where two "good guys" are fighting one "bad guy". I was confused as to who to root for.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

My only gripe with the film, although the gripe is mainly at my missus, the dubbing was awful. It was like watching a cutscene from a really shit video game. The gripe is with my missus because she can't watch a film with subtitles.

Edited by Steve Justice