DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

I've seen that Scott. Its made by the same people as Rise iirc. Tamer Hassan is pretty good in it (he's goo in most things) but the film is bad.

Didn't understand the hype myself. Very bleak in a dull way, if that makes sense.

Totally. It had potential for sure, but it was so bloody slow and made no real sense.

• Paid Members
I've seen that Scott. Its made by the same people as Rise iirc. Tamer Hassan is pretty good in it (he's goo in most things) but the film is bad.

Didn't understand the hype myself. Very bleak in a dull way, if that makes sense.

Totally. It had potential for sure, but it was so bloody slow and made no real sense.

I do like a bit of Tamer, to be fair. I loved Dead Man Running (Guilty pleasure of mine) I was looking forward to Bonded by Blood coz I genuinely loved Rise of the Footsoldier, but the difference in Pat Tates personality over the two films is shocking. Fairbrass played him as a psycho and Hassan played him charming, like...Tamer Hassan. Word is he was a bit of both. Manookian looked more like Rolfe and I can understand an actor you want to try new things, but why Terry Stone played Tucker completely different in both movies is beyond me.

I think the ending of Kill List reminded me of Hot Fuzz crossed with the Wicker Man, so I was just left a bit deflated.

• Paid Members

Django Unchained. I really really loved it. Everything about it. I think it's quite possibly one of the best Leonardo DiCaprio performances ever. Jamie Foxx was incredible. Christoper Waltz can do no wrong, ever. Neither can Samuel L. Jackson for that matter. For a movie that was almost 3 hours long, it didn't feel like it. I'm definitely a Tarantino fan and this didn't disappoint.

• Paid Members
Also recently watched Life of Pi in 3D. Great film but not as good as I thought it was going to be. Visually it is stunning though and Ang Lee should be applauded for getting that film made.

Really? Going off the trailers it looked boring as fuck.

• Paid Members
Also recently watched Life of Pi in 3D. Great film but not as good as I thought it was going to be. Visually it is stunning though and Ang Lee should be applauded for getting that film made.

Really? Going off the trailers it looked boring as fuck.

Kind of like the Masoods do Jumanji.

• Paid Members

I watched Men in Black 3 last night, and liked it a fair bit.

For what its worth, its in the same sort of tone as the first two, (but better than MIB2) so if you didn't like either of those it may be worth skipping. The story line is fairly straight forward, or as it can be relating to aliens and time travel, but its the ending that makes this film solid gold. Didn't twig what was going on until it had already happened, and must say it was great. A good watch, and something I can watch again on a Sunday afternoon.

Over Christmas I also managed to check out The Amazing Spider-man.

As a fan of Spider-man, I was hoping this would be better than Spider-man 3 at least, which to be fair it was. Other than that, it was just "disappointing". The film itself came across as a teen movie, like aimed solely on 13 year old's, which it may be the point, (aiming for younger audiences), but they shouldn't forget about the older fans also. In itself it's a fresh reboot of the series , so expect the origin story to be told again, but in a credit to the film, it doesn't take forever for him to become the spider-man, like it did in the previous Sam Raimi effort.

Regardless of this, I will say it is good at directly being a teen flick, so I'm sure somebody will really get into it. If anything I still want to watch the upcoming sequel, in the hope that it'd be much better. Better than Spider-man 3, but I personally still believe the first 2 were much better.