What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

Zodiac came to my school to encourage us to do press ups or something. I used to have a picture of me and her, chilling.

For a moment I got Zodiac and Nightshade mixed up in my head and thought this was the worst boast of all time.

Racist.

"Sorry love, we can't go to the Costa del Sol, I'm spending the weekend down the NEC swinging from a bungee with The Wolfman"

Sorry to be pedantic, but it was the NIA.

I watched a lot of Gladiators live. I'd head over in the afternoon, pick up a load of tickets and then hand them round at college, so a big group of us would all go together for the takings.

• Paid Members

"Sorry love, we can't go to the Costa del Sol, I'm spending the weekend down the NEC swinging from a bungee with The Wolfman"

Sorry to be pedantic, but it was the NIA.

I watched a lot of Gladiators live. I'd head over in the afternoon, pick up a load of tickets and then hand them round at college, so a big group of us would all go together for the takings.

That sounds absolutely amazing. Any exciting tales to tell? Any live AWOOGA action?

Goodnight Sweetheart was brilliant. Plenty in there to flesh out another series i reckon. Flipped the premise from exploring the past to discovering the future. Really good.

Never thought id say this but Lyndhursts rendition of Hello was actually quite moving.

• Paid Members

Perhaps because I'd read a lot of comments saying it was good and my expectations were higher than they should have been, I thought it was a bit shit. Some very clunky stuff in there, with a couple of funny lines. My boy Lyndhurst (is he really only 55?) was good, as was Ron, but Reg had some shocking lines. It felt more like a pilot than a one off, so perhaps they're angling for some more. I've always had a soft spot for Goodnight Sweetheart, so I I wouldn't mind another go, even if it started a bit shaky. I feel like it was an enjoyable show in spite of its naffness, probably because of the unusual premise. I give it 2 Rodney Plonkers out of 5.  

432-e1410521459431.jpg432-e1410521459431.jpg

I really like the original, and this was a fitting update, the half an hour flew in. Ron's comic delivery was perfect, I didn't actually recognise the song Gary sang at the end though! It seemed like this episode was reintroducing us to the show in preparation for a full series. A few funnier jokes required but all in all a success in my book.

Ladiesman gives it 4 dipsticks out of five.

Edited by Ladiesman345

I watched the remake of Til Death do us Part, more out of curiosity than anything elses. The bloke playing Garnet reminded me more of Blakey from on the buses. Theres no way in any shape or form they couldbring back the charachter Alf Garnet nowadays.

Edited by Porkchopcash

• Paid Members

I didn't actually recognise the song Gary sang at the end though! It seemed like this episode was reintroducing us to the show in preparation for a full series. A few funnier jokes required but all in all a success in my book.

I don't know how you can miss any Adele song these days, they're played to death everywhere. He heard it (and asked for it to be turned up) in the cab.

i thought it was a really solid episode. I've seen a few old episodes on Dave/Gold over the years and its not as funny as I remembered it as a younger lad.  The fact that this was actually watchable is pretty impressive to me. I'd watch a new series.

Theres no way in any shape or form they couldbring back the charachter Alf Garnet nowadays.

its pretty amazing that the TV show existed back then too. Even without the non-PC language it often had a really bizarre structure and stories. I remember a one hour special where it was a lock-in in the pub and it was filmed in real time. Lots of sing alongs and dull arguments, Jimmy Tarbuck turns up too. Just dragged on and on, Its bizarre.

I'll watch this one next but its bizarre that they've used the big bloke from the fast show. Warren Mitchell was a short bloke, which made his anger and obnoxiousness a bit more forgiving/funny. big tall bloke screaming at his wife might not work as well.