What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Members
11 minutes ago, lars85 said:

Because I've been missing being able to play with family and friends dogs, and seeing it mentioned on here, I've been watching Waffle the wonder dog. I've only seen a few episodes and I know it's not likely on a CBeebies show, but I hope that old bitch from next door has a fall.

Who would feed George then?

You fucking monster.

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, lars85 said:

Because I've been missing being able to play with family and friends dogs, and seeing it mentioned on here, I've been watching Waffle the wonder dog. I've only seen a few episodes and I know it's not likely on a CBeebies show, but I hope that old bitch from next door has a fall.

First time somebody has posted about this show on here and it's not been about Waffle's mum. You broke our streak.

1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

Who would feed George then?

You fucking monster.

He can go through that hole in the wall. He's better off next door anyway. Either that or eat her corpse.

54 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

First time somebody has posted about this show on here and it's not been about Waffle's mum. You broke our streak.

I've been watching it with my partner in the hope of convincing her to let us get a puppy. So I've been pretending not to notice the Mum and just been commenting on how cute waffle is. 

On 5/6/2020 at 3:51 PM, Mr_Danger said:

Yeah I did the same with The Wire. Once you kind of get the lingo you can sit back and properly enjoy it. Don't listen to anyone telling you that season 2 is weak either, it's great and has some of my favourite stuff in it. 

Omar in the docks giving evidence is pure gold!  Also Bunk trying knock to be sick in Daniel's office after he'd been on the piss with McNulty the night before.

I finished disc 3 of Season 2 last night, was shocked as anything when DeAngelo got killed and that Stringer was the one who orchestrated.  There's no way that one isn't coming back to haunt him somewhere down the line.  Good to see Daniels, Greggs, Freamon, Prez etc all back together.  Enjoying Holly Flax in there too, hopefully she sticks around after this season.

• Paid Members

I'll probably blast through Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt in about two weeks, I already love it after four episodes. Ellie Kemper has the absolute best facial expressions. Plus nobody told me Carol Kane was in it and I would have watched it twice by now if somebody had bothered to tell me.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I thought it took a big dip after the first series. Not sure if I even finished the second. Be interested to see how you get on with it...

Everyone says that about every bloody TV series on here!

On 5/11/2020 at 2:57 PM, SuperBacon said:

Found a show on the iPlayer last night called Dave which follows an aspiring rapper called, funnily enough Dave or Lil Dicky as he tries to make it in the hip hop world.

It's good. From FXX, so it's similar in style to Louie and Better Things and the shows from there, so whilst there's never going to be full of belly laughs, it is funny. The episode where he has to "perform" at a dead childs wake and the rap he makes up about him had me in fits.

Apparently the creator Dave Burd/Lil Dicky is a fairly known rapper/comedian ( @Chest Rockwell @Dead Mike @wandshogun09you aware of him?), but I'd never heard of him, and he can rap. 

Plus his missus (Taylor Misiak) is ridiculously fit in this.

Twenty minute episodes as well. Big fan of that.

Lil Dicky is about as hated as you can get in the Hip Hop world. Everyone considers him a joke. His two big hits are, as mentioned a god awful and offensive song with Chris Brown. Where Chris Brown laughs about his "controversial past". He managed to top that with an even more vapid Save The Earth song with loads of celebs. The only entertaining thing about him tbh are the Todd In the Shadows Youtube videos tearing him to pieces.

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I thought it took a big dip after the first series. Not sure if I even finished the second. Be interested to see how you get on with it...

Same with me. First season was brilliant. I can’t remember a thing about the second and couldn’t even be bothered to get to the end. Such a disappointment. 

37 minutes ago, Cousin Jim Bob said:

Lil Dicky is about as hated as you can get in the Hip Hop world. Everyone considers him a joke. His two big hits are, as mentioned a god awful and offensive song with Chris Brown. Where Chris Brown laughs about his "controversial past". He managed to top that with an even more vapid Save The Earth song with loads of celebs. The only entertaining thing about him tbh are the Todd In the Shadows Youtube videos tearing him to pieces.

Nope. The most entertaining thing about him is his excellent sitcom I've just finished. The sex episode and the celebrities one were particular highlights. It's no Atlanta but GaTa is a good Darius impersonater.

On 5/6/2020 at 12:24 PM, Perry said:

For those interested, Charlie Brooker's Antiviral Wipe is on Thursday 14th May at 9pm. It's only a 30 minute show, but it's good to have Charlie back on the BBC

Was 45 minutes in the end but a good laugh as expected. WrestleMania even got a mention.