What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

10 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Often, but not usually to prove myself wrong when I think I'm right as you just bizarrely did.

Wrong for using it to check a list of films he's been in to confirm they are all a bit shit in my opinion....okies

• Paid Members
Just now, burchybabi said:

Wrong for using it to check a list of films he's been in to confirm they are all a bit shit in my opinion....okies

That's not what you said. You said that he's rarely been in anything successful which, clearly, he has. He's been in a good number of films that have been financially or critically successful and popular with audiences.

• Paid Members
52 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

I'll say it now, I got time for Bullet Proof Monk and Welcome to the Jungle. 

Welcome to the Jungle - yes. Bullet Proof Monk though... that's the first film I saw at the cinema and actively hated. 

25 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

Channel 4 is showing all of Spaced series 1 from 11pm tonight and Edgar Wright will be live-tweeting along with it. That's my Friday night sorted.

It is Friday right?

This seems to be a bit of a theme from Channel 4 at the moment on a Friday night. Next Friday they're showing Series 1 of Black Books

• Paid Members
44 minutes ago, Perry said:

This seems to be a bit of a theme from Channel 4 at the moment on a Friday night. Next Friday they're showing Series 1 of Black Books

Let’s hope they’re keeping Graham Linehan away from twitter 

• Paid Members

Started on House. Maybe it's because of all the Elementary we'd been watching recently, but there's a very obvious Sherlock Holmes influence from his mannerisms and the way he makes his diagnoses and deals with colleagues, patients etc (as if the name isn't already indication), and Hugh Laurie is playing it really well. I know, it's taken like 10 years to get around to this, but I prefer to watch things like this when I can watch them on my own time rather than having to run the risk of missing an episode. 

That Forces TV is a gem of a channel which never really gets the recognition it deserves on social media. On a weeknight it's full of classic 80s shows like V, The Equalizer, Miami Vice and Dukes of Hazzard. They also often show some classic ITV sitcoms that have never been repeated for years. It reminds you of the UK Gold and Granada Plus days on Sky.

I know ITV has had its fair share of stick where sitcoms are concerned and rightfully so with some, but I've enjoyed quite a few of them over the years. Most seem to think they never topped Rising Damp