What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

1 hour ago, Cousin Jim Bob said:

Lil Dicky is about as hated as you can get in the Hip Hop world. Everyone considers him a joke. His two big hits are, as mentioned a god awful and offensive song with Chris Brown. Where Chris Brown laughs about his "controversial past". He managed to top that with an even more vapid Save The Earth song with loads of celebs. The only entertaining thing about him tbh are the Todd In the Shadows Youtube videos tearing him to pieces.

I'll be really honest, I knew nothing about him and don't particularly care for his actual songs.

27 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Nope. The most entertaining thing about him is his excellent sitcom I've just finished. The sex episode and the celebrities one were particular highlights. It's no Atlanta but GaTa is a good Darius impersonater.

Think that's slightly harsh. He was fantastic and an excellent representation of a bipolar character as well. Thought the final episode was just superb.

6 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Think that's slightly harsh. He was fantastic and an excellent representation of a bipolar character as well. Thought the final episode was just superb.

It was a compliment and yeah, the bit when he tells the group of his bipolar and they react had me and my girlfriend doing a simultaneous 'awww'.

The show definitely moves up a couple of notches as it progresses, really finds it's heart.

3 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

It was a compliment and yeah, the bit when he tells the group of his bipolar and they react had me and my girlfriend doing a simultaneous 'awww'.

The show definitely moves up a couple of notches as it progresses, really finds it's heart.

Had a look on his Twitter, and he does actually suffer from bipolar, so even more power to him.

Dave's missus was way too fucking hot for him.

• Paid Members
On 5/12/2020 at 1:35 AM, SuperBacon said:

For all the Stath Lets Flats fans, a short YouTube video with all of them. "Delicious to be seeing you my friend" I rewatched it all last week. I love it so much. Really fancy Natasia Demetriou as well.

Thank you for posting this - I watched it having never seen the series. Watched the first episode and it is *excellent*. The whole pigeon sequence made my stomach hurt. I don't know how I'd never heard/seen it before but it's tremendous. 

Edited by Fatty Facesitter

41 minutes ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Thank you for posting this - I watched it having never seen the series. Watched the first episode and it is *excellent*. The whole pigeon sequence made my stomach hurt. I don't know how I'd never heard/seen it before but it's tremendous. 

"Come back here sir...young lad!"

Normal People on the iPlayer. Bloody hell I never thought I could be so invested in a romance. It's cracking. It's a bit Shane Meadowsy but without the excessive horribleness. The Anne Hathaway lookalike and the lad are excellent.

On 5/6/2020 at 3:36 PM, Magnum Milano said:

This probably amounts to sacrilege around here, but I started watching The Wire for the first time a couple of weeks ago.  It took a bit of getting into with so many characters being introduced and by the third episode, when I was getting into it, decided to rewatch the first two to try and make things clearer.  I know it gets a lot of "best TV show ever" praise, and while I don't know about that at the moment, it is very, very good.  It's something that I can definitely see me rewatching down the line and then picking out things I missed first time around in the rewatch.  Just the final disc of the first season left to watch which I should finish up this evening.

Started Season Three the past couple of nights.  I'm sure I will get into it but it feels like I'm back at the beginning in a way with so many new characters being introduced at once.  Things really feel like they've moved on a fair bit, which didn't feel the case between Season's One and Two.  I thought Perlman looked a bit more glamorous here and it's not long before you find out why.  Also struggling to get past Aiden Gillen's accent.