UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

I think the speculation came from the fact that he was on a BillBoard poster advertising Wrestlemania 2000 with Triple H, Big Show & Rock. The poster was shot not long after his debut but shortly after WWF dropped plans to have him in the match as he didn't exactly set the world on fire during his first few months with the company.

If I remember right, Jericho himself says so in his book.

Not sure if you meant to post this in a different thread, as I can't see the question you're replying to. But I've literally just finished reading this book (his second one, "Undisputed") this afternoon, so I can confirm the billboard issue was indeed covered in there. He was pretty cut up about it, as anyone probably would be.

Edited by Uncle Zeb

• Awards Moderator

WWE.com isn't loading for me at the moment. It just has the WWE logo like it's loading a video, which never loads. Anyone else having trouble with it? I'm on Safari, which I know is a bit rubbish, but the site worked on there yesterday so I'm not sure what's wrong...

• Paid Members

WWE.com isn't loading for me at the moment. It just has the WWE logo like it's loading a video, which never loads. Anyone else having trouble with it? I'm on Safari, which I know is a bit rubbish, but the site worked on there yesterday so I'm not sure what's wrong...

Works for me in Safari.

Can anyone recommend any wrestling schools near Sheffield that accept trainees from age 8? My boy has decided he wants to do tag team wrestling. I used to go to NBW's school but I've no idea if they're still running as I can't find any up to date information. I know Basix's training is for ages 8 and up but it's miles away.

Can anyone recommend any wrestling schools near Sheffield that accept trainees from age 8? My boy has decided he wants to do tag team wrestling. I used to go to NBW's school but I've no idea if they're still running as I can't find any up to date information. I know Basix's training is for ages 8 and up but it's miles away.

What sort of training do they do for an 8 year old? I'd say that's a bit young, the absolute youngest I would consider sending my son to a traditional pro wrestling school would be about 12 I think.  Although if it was amateur style I'd probably send him at 8.

What sort of training do they do for an 8 year old? I'd say that's a bit young, the absolute youngest I would consider sending my son to a traditional pro wrestling school would be about 12 I think.  Although if it was amateur style I'd probably send him at 8.

Honestly I'm not sure what they're training them at that age as I stopped looking in to them when I realised how far away it was. To be fair, I'm not that keen on the idea of him doing bumps at such a young age but I think the fitness aspect of it, the chain wrestling/ mat wrestling and promo stuff would be really good for him.

• Paid Members

What about Olympic wrestling. Good grounding and fitness http://www.eaglefightclub.co.uk/classes/

• Paid Members

As others have said, I absolutely would not recommend taking a child to a pro wrestling school, but I can recommend Castle Black Belt Academy as a good school for Jiu Jitsu, and they are really accommodating for children all all ages and abilities. I trained there over ten years ago, but I believe they have only gone from strength to strength in the years since I stopped.

Jiu Jitsu is probably the closest you can get to a martial art that is fun for a young wrestling fan, with all the punches, kicks, throws and submissions. Plus you learn to bump properly and obviously there's the disciplinary and self defence benefits.

http://www.castlebba.co.uk/