UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

Am I right in saying WWE Euroshop don't sell any kids T-shirts for 5/6 year olds? Was looking for one of those Bootios boxed shirts for my niece but the "youth" sizes don't have any sort of reference to age and the measurements they give seem to be way too big for her.

The small youth are a bit big on my 6yr old but not so much that she can't wear them.

This might be a weird one, and perhaps one that no one here can answer, but it's something I've wondered many times:

Near the beginning of each PPV when Michael Cole's introducing the Spanish, French, German, Klingon, and Japanese commentators, and they all thank him directly and say their little generic piece to camera, what are the viewers in those countries seeing at that time?

Are they watching their beloved hosts pandering to the domestic announce team, or have those international feeds cut to an ad break/promo video by then (which would make their Esperanto waffling during those few seconds just for show)?

It's a minor, insignificant thing, of course, but if anyone happens to know then it would stop it niggling at the back of my mind every month when they do it.

For everyone who couldn't sleep last night in anticipation of having this answered, I've just watched the first few minutes of Extreme Rules in Spanish.

When the time came during the Usos' entrance, the camera feed of all the announcers was the same as on our English version. The audio cut to Michael Cole introducing himself and his team, while the Spanish announcers spoke over the top of him, telling their audience who he was. The combined audio continued as the German team introduced themselves while the Spanish team explained, and then once the Spanish team had done their own piece to camera the audio became Spanish-only again.

This concludes my exclusive recap of the latest multilingual WWE pay-per-view presentation. Keep it here on UKFF.com for the next thrilling instalment, when I'll lift the lid on the X-rated stories told by an unmonitored Funaki live on air.

The Vader/Sting match Great American a Bash 92 seems to quite well regarded, same with his match against British Bulldog from Slamboree 93.

His Texas Death match from Halloween Havoc 93 against Cactus Jack is a decent enough watch, and Vader vs. Flair from Starrcade 93 is considered by many to be the best match that was on any Starrcade PPV and was considered one of the best matches anywhere in 1993.

I've not seen much of his matches from Japan, but I'm sure air_raid or KingOfSports will be able to recommend something from there

Edited by WyattSheepMask

I know this is questions thread, but just while we're on that topic....I love WCW from that era, 1991-1993 let's say.  But I read a lot of negatives about it, I guess not all of it just from the matches and wrestlers, but creatively and the company as a business.  Obviously at the time, and now, I don't care whether the company was making money.  Maybe it's nostalgia, as watching Worldwide on ITV was the highlight of my week, but I love rewatching stuff from that time.  I really want more of it on the Network, the PPVs and the Clashes are great, but I want to watch the TV shows  (in decent quality - before anyone directs me to youtube).

I know this is questions thread, but just while we're on that topic....I love WCW from that era, 1991-1993 let's say. But I read a lot of negatives about it, I guess not all of it just from the matches and wrestlers, but creatively and the company as a business. Obviously at the time, and now, I don't care whether the company was making money. Maybe it's nostalgia, as watching Worldwide on ITV was the highlight of my week, but I love rewatching stuff from that time. I really want more of it on the Network, the PPVs and the Clashes are great, but I want to watch the TV shows (in decent quality - before anyone directs me to youtube).

Go for the Monsoon Classic guy on YouTube. Hundreds of individual matches from the period yourlooking for on TV. Also you could try Tsteck160 on Daily motion he has about 3,000+ matches but they are in no particular order so it will take some sifting through.

I think the speculation came from the fact that he was on a BillBoard poster advertising Wrestlemania 2000 with Triple H, Big Show & Rock. The poster was shot not long after his debut but shortly after WWF dropped plans to have him in the match as he didn't exactly set the world on fire during his first few months with the company.

If I remember right, Jericho himself says so in his book.